Lets talk Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsBeanzy

01-15-2013

Discussion on how to face Garen:

Dont say teemo or nid because of the fact that you wont be teemo or nid every time you face garen.

So anyway, You cant play any one with burst because he becomes tanky no matter what he builds, you cant kite him because of his movement speed buff and slow cleanse you cant just try and farm because hes to much of a lane bully and basically the point in garen is to stop the enemy farming. he out trades anyone thats not ranged and out trades ranged people if there not out of his range.

I dunno ive got 1k wins and i still cant play a melee champion against him and do very well (unless the player is terrible like most garens are these days because of the low skill cap) but yeah i just want to know if garen is actually hard to face or im just being a scrub

<3

Calibretto9

01-15-2013

I don't run into many Garens but as melee you just have to make sure to tag him to keep his passive from ticking, stay out of range of his E/ spin when he pops it (make him pass through minions to slow him down), and buy a hexdrinker to eat his ultimate. Garen is plain as potatoes - you know everything he's going to do with little room for surprises so that should give you a tremendous advantage.

As the game goes longer his CD's get shorter (due to items and increased ranks) but you still have a good 5 seconds in between his different attacks to jump on him. I can think of a few melee characters that I play (looking at Darius) that can handle Garen.

sctechie

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibretto9 View Post
I don't run into many Garens but as melee you just have to make sure to tag him to keep his passive from ticking, stay out of range of his E/ spin when he pops it (make him pass through minions to slow him down), and buy a hexdrinker to eat his ultimate. Garen is plain as potatoes - you know everything he's going to do with little room for surprises so that should give you a tremendous advantage.

As the game goes longer his CD's get shorter (due to items and increased ranks) but you still have a good 5 seconds in between his different attacks to jump on him. I can think of a few melee characters that I play (looking at Darius) that can handle Garen.
Umm, that is horrifically bad advice. It makes me think you are trolling or don't know what you are talking about.

Garen has a huge ms buff on his 'q'. There is no... just go tag him. If you get near Garen he'll just silence you and spin.

The way to beat garen is to play someone with ranged harass, period. There are no melee characters that straight up beat garen in lane.

Blythy13

01-15-2013

Hey mate

Garen was made to shut down Melee champs but saying that a couple that come to mind.

If we are taking out any champs with Ranged abilites and going with pure Melee there are only a couple that come to mind.
1. Jax, If he gets stun 1st and has Life Steal Quints which i run on him you wont be able to force him out until around lvl 5 but if he backs and comes back with a Bilgewater Cutless he would be able to trade evenly with you after that.