Played my first ranked game today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadRubicant

01-14-2013

The experience was... interesting. I got first pick, Riven top, kind of countered by Garen (but he sucked). Our team comp ended up being Riven top, Akali mid, Nunu support, Warwick jungle... and Twisted Fate ADC. If that wasn't clue enough that something was wrong, I didn't notice until the loading screen that Nunu took... you guessed it, clarity! The only person who knew what they were doing was the Akali, while the WW and TF spoke in broken Korean (I think) all game.

Oh, the glories of starting Elo.

Anyways, this serves as a lesson for when to dodge, and I'd like more tips on when a dodge is necessary.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eazyezee

01-14-2013

If i had the choice i would dodge every game. Currently 1500 elo. Most of the time when i really dont feel like losing and people are arguing or acting stupid in chat before the game i will most likely dodge. An example of this is people that say top or feed and if someone takes top they will just say they are going to troll i never trust the skill level in those players and automatically assume my win chance just went down 20% honestly traveling from 1250 to 1550 i noticed little to no skill improvement in players i was getting. Its all about luck to not get a feeding team and i look for players that dont act stupid in chat before the game and dont argue and are calm.