Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh Updates from New Deploy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeninth

01-16-2013

Incoming "Katarina dive them all behind their turret then shunpo to the lantern and click it to safety!"

Basil van Yhun

01-16-2013

A few bugs are still around:

(everything tested on Abyssal Thresh)

-Q instantly fires if cast during auto attacks with no wind-up (apparently it didnt makee it in)

-Q animation goes through it's target if it hits. If the target is killed the animation works properly.

- running out of the big circle from W causes Thresh to get the shield and he has that weird blueish cross that is normally under the lamp to be in front of him and move away from him if he moves (that old bug from the first Thresh build)

-Q passive deals more damage than stated on the ability. Is it affected by arpen for some reason? That would explain it. It deals more then minimum dmg and more than max damage.

- Thresh auto-attacks targets that are outside his range (according to the range indicator)

- thresh's hook isn't properly attached to the chain (Abyssal Skin)

That's all I got in one quick game.

Dracostar

01-16-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:
Thanks so much for all of the bug reports. They have been instrumental in getting Thresh closer to release state. This is the final push, so everyone please report any bugs you find over the coming days. Below are a list of bugs that should be fixed with this deploy:

Q Passive visual buff scales more smoothly;
No game lag on lantern initial cast of the game;
Thresh health bar is closer to his body;
Thresh ult goes on cooldown he dies while casting it;
Skarner and Blitzcrank can no longer press the lantern while hooking;
Thresh now has a different temp icon for Q2 (but not the final icon!);
Thresh can no longer cancel the animation for Q by casting it during an autoattack (not sure this one made it in);
Jax/Lee Sin/Katarina can now Shunpo to Thresh's lantern;
Thresh can now gain up to 999999 souls;
Thresh souls now have team coloration;
Thresh souls now move a bit on spawn to be easier to see;
Thresh now has a hidden passive;
Thresh's death animation now plays more smoothly;

We couldn't have identified and solved a lot of these without your help.

Maybe at something happens at 9001 souls? ^^

Bretts Big Brain

01-16-2013

very disappointed by the choice to nerf his synergy with skarner and blitz

pchannington

01-17-2013

People don't play Thresh as much anymore, so I haven't gotten to test against one recently, but do you still see enemy Thresh souls? If so, I think it would be best to make it so enemy opposing Thresh souls don't appear. That way jungle-Thresh waiting in the brush isn't given away.

Ascenrial

01-17-2013

500,012.25. at 999999 souls

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Thresh/Ability_Details

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

01-17-2013

Quote:
Basil van Yhun:
A few bugs are still around:

(everything tested on Abyssal Thresh)

-Q instantly fires if cast during auto attacks with no wind-up (apparently it didnt makee it in)

-Q animation goes through it's target if it hits. If the target is killed the animation works properly.

- running out of the big circle from W causes Thresh to get the shield and he has that weird blueish cross that is normally under the lamp to be in front of him and move away from him if he moves (that old bug from the first Thresh build)

-Q passive deals more damage than stated on the ability. Is it affected by arpen for some reason? That would explain it. It deals more then minimum dmg and more than max damage.

- Thresh auto-attacks targets that are outside his range (according to the range indicator)

- thresh's hook isn't properly attached to the chain (Abyssal Skin)

That's all I got in one quick game.

Thanks. I'm particularly concerned about the Q passive dealing excess damage. When and where did you notice this occurring?

Basil van Yhun

01-17-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:
Thanks. I'm particularly concerned about the Q passive dealing excess damage. When and where did you notice this occurring?

After testing with no runes/masteries/items it turned out that you actually deal 1 point less than you should on maximum charge up until I reached like 20 souls and Q level 4 at which time the dmg was accurate. After a while it went back to doing 1 point less jumping back and forth over the time.
Tested on the big wolf and Golem who both have 0 mr on different skill and champion level.

I found out why I dealt too much damage however, apparently I used my Ad-carry mastery page which has the Havoc mastery. My bad there, sorry for taking your time.

Regarding the minimum damage
At no time was it possible to do the minimum damage stated in the description it was always a bit higher. Against Redbuff when I should have dealt 55 min dmg I dealt 74-75 min. dmg. (55 souls, Q lvl5, char lvl 11)
There is no real way to reproduce it because it's always like this (and has always been, but I got argued down by too many other people so I gave up on it back then).

WhackedRak

01-17-2013

Quote:
Basil van Yhun:
After testing with no runes/masteries/items it turned out that you actually deal 1 point less than you should on maximum charge up until I reached like 20 souls and Q level 4 at which time the dmg was accurate. After a while it went back to doing 1 point less jumping back and forth over the time.
Tested on the big wolf and Golem who both have 0 mr on different skill and champion level.

I found out why I dealt too much damage however, apparently I used my Ad-carry mastery page which has the Havoc mastery. My bad there, sorry for taking your time.

Regarding the minimum damage
At no time was it possible to do the minimum damage stated in the description it was always a bit higher. Against Redbuff when I should have dealt 55 min dmg I dealt 74-75 min. dmg. (55 souls, Q lvl5, char lvl 11)
There is no real way to reproduce it because it's always like this (and has always been, but I got argued down by too many other people so I gave up on it back then).

Not being able to do the min damage could be explained by how the damage scales over time, since it's impossible to reset the dmg and land an autoattack at the same time, the damage might be scaling during that small time in between autoattacks. The passive damage is probably scaling constantly even though all we see is a 3-step buff icon process.

That said, the damage is definitely dealing too much, sometimes 40-50 more than the tooltip states would be max. It should definitely be looked into

It seems like all the bugs I came here to report have already been reported.
-The Q hitbox and graphic don't quite match throughout the whole animation(sometimes it passes through by 1.5 teemos before registering as a hit)
-The Q damage dealt is higher than stated in tooltip
-Leaving the lantern leash range after activating it causes the lantern lighting effect to travel in front of Thresh

An extra QoL thing I noticed that I'm unsure has been brought up is how the souls spawn based on proximity to Thresh(unsure of the range). I also haven't played against a Thresh yet and don't know if the enemies can see the souls. It's nice if they can see them so they can deny Thresh from collecting them in lane, etc. However, if Thresh is hiding nearby and about to gank or he's sitting in the bush,(waiting for his team before a gank, etc.) the souls spawning could totally give him away when they otherwise wouldn't know he's around.

Basil van Yhun

01-17-2013

Quote:
WhackedRak:

An extra QoL thing I noticed that I'm unsure has been brought up is how the souls spawn based on proximity to Thresh(unsure of the range). I also haven't played against a Thresh yet and don't know if the enemies can see the souls. It's nice if they can see them so they can deny Thresh from collecting them in lane, etc. However, if Thresh is hiding nearby and about to gank or he's sitting in the bush,(waiting for his team before a gank, etc.) the souls spawning could totally give him away when they otherwise wouldn't know he's around.

CertainlyT stated that enemies can only see the Souls if they had vision on Thresh at the time the soul spawned otherwise they wont be able to see them.