Maokai or Skarner For Low/Mid Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ambiience

01-14-2013

So I've had both champions but haven't gotten to practice either of them that much. I need a 3rd jungler to add to my jungle roster so who is better for the 1500s to get higher elo? I know skarner has great ganks after 6 but maokai is better pre 6. who is overall better for gaining elo as a jungle? thanks

Snipawolfe

01-14-2013

Shaco. Lee Sin. Olaf.

Maokai and Skarner aren't champs I'd use for low/mid ELO. Your laners could be nonresponsive/afk farming and if you go in as those champions, you can't seal the deal by yourself.

xXLe0Xx

01-14-2013

skarner not alot of people know how to handle him

Ambiience

01-14-2013

i already have mastered lee sin, and im trying to get better with shaco atm

WhoopsiGoldburg

01-14-2013

Skarner by far. Maokai is a support jungler while he has great pre 6 ganks he cant do so much to secure kills. Skarner can actually put out some mad damage to secure kills from brain dead teammates if necessary.

That and most players at an average skill level don't take cleanse nor buy a qss if they see a skarner.

NinetyNineTails

01-14-2013

I like the strength of Maokai's ganks in mid ELO, actually. His clear times are very good and his damage in the early game is actually quite respectable. He can't fill those roles in the later game, of course. But he does a great job of supporting your lanes. And winning lanes == winning games, at low and mid ELO. Playing for the later game is just asking for your game to be thrown by one of your laners and there being no later game.

NinetyNineTails

01-14-2013

Of course, all of that is mostly to say; for low ELO, play Shaco, collect ELO, no longer play in low ELO.

FrazzledMelon

01-15-2013

It's true that Skarner can carry a little harder with just one tanky AS item like Wit's to support his Q, but I think Maokai is a better tank overall with his team-oriented ult, a longer range initiate on a shorter cooldown, plus a knock back. I didn't find eiher very hard to learn. Since you have both, play either, depending on whether your team needs more DPS or a better tank.

Alexfrog

01-15-2013

Skarner used to be amazing for carrying but he sucks now. Mao can win a teamfight at least.

On the Prowl

01-15-2013

I know im not very high elo this season (nor was I last season really reaching only silver) however I have very good things to say about maokai. With persistance and a little bit of skill and luck I have taken games where every lane was losing and singed losing top so hard that he was level 4 when darius was level 7 and helped each lane so persistently that not only was I on a 10 kill streak with 30+ assists by the end of the game , the singed was able to clean up a lost teamfight 1v5 and with my help alone our akali was able to 2v5 penta the enemy team for the win. With the right attitude you can do amazing things with maokai and he becomes near unkillable end game when played correctly. Definitely one of my favourite junglers near eve jax and the monk.