What's Changed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eugenides

01-14-2013

Hey guys. I took a break from the game right as the preseason began. I'm thinking about starting to get into the game again.

However, I keep hearing things like "Pantheon mid," and 'Elise is unbeatable top." I'm wondering: What the hell has happened in this game since I took a break?

Who are the strong picks? What's the lane meta? Itemization? Fill me in!

Thanks, gents.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

There's been a bit of a shift toward AD bruisers and assassins mid, though many AP champs are still viable there. I'm not entirely sure about the Elise top, but I would suspect the increase in AP tops(Katarina shows up there often, too) is due to the AD mid meta.

It's not a full switch - just more champions are viable in more lanes.

Itemization will be tricky, since you'll have to learn all of the new items, but basically you have more options now. Have a look over the item lists, and watch some high elo featured matches or pro tournaments for some examples of itemization.

Edit: From watching the NA Qualifiers this past weekend, health seems to be a very desireable stat. AS is more expensive, and AD is more affordable. Penetration is more effective and resists are less effective(which is probably the reason for the increase in health's desireability).

Eugenides

01-14-2013

Thanks mate!