there needs to be a better high AP damage recipe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HS Panda

01-14-2013

myself i like using the hydra alot, it's cheapish in the fact that i the items to make it are low cost, i get small boost quickly that build up to a large boost., and it gives the highest flat AD boost of all weapons 75, (v.s. the IE's 70 )
sadly there isn't any similar AP damage items that i've discovered, all of the good AP items start with the needlessly large rod, one of (if not THEE) most expensive basic item.
which means generally when playing an AP character i either a) need to buy an assortment of less expensive low end AP damage items, and then sell them to stay competitive, or B) or buy little to no items till i get enough money to buy a needlessly large rod. which means i'm relying alot more on my skill and luck then item boosts.
it's like playing hide and seek with no wards while fighting someone who has wards...it's do-able, but annoyingly so.
it's this reason only that i rarely play AP characters, due to the significantly higher close/more strategic skill needed with purchasing items.
it'd be nice if there was an AP item comparable with the low cost recipe items of the hydra, and the how punch of a needless rod...
possibly even just making the needlessly large rod a recipe item that i can combine 2 or more items together to make to help cut cost, would be much appreciated.

Vuther

01-15-2013

Get Haunting Guise if you want AP damage on the cheap.

DarkenDragon

01-15-2013

AP champions tend to have the easiest time farming, in my opinion. with a long range aoe attack and getting something like rod of ages will tend to let you farm the caster minions in 1 shot or 2 spell combo.

because of this, you wont need any additional items to farm and thus can save up for that needlessly large rod.

plus casters didnt ever seem like the early game force, instead they shine more in the mid to late game because they'll be able to have their full combos all leveled up. so yea I dont ever see an issue with ap casters having trouble getting gold for their items

HS Panda

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenDragon View Post
AP champions tend to have the easiest time farming, in my opinion. with a long range aoe attack and getting something like rod of ages will tend to let you farm the caster minions in 1 shot or 2 spell combo.

because of this, you wont need any additional items to farm and thus can save up for that needlessly large rod.

plus casters didnt ever seem like the early game force, instead they shine more in the mid to late game because they'll be able to have their full combos all leveled up. so yea I dont ever see an issue with ap casters having trouble getting gold for their items
i never thought of it like that, so you just aoe the spell casters in the group and focus on killing them before the minions get to them instead of last hitting the front guys?

Vuther

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS Panda View Post
i never thought of it like that, so you just aoe the spell casters in the group and focus on killing them before the minions get to them instead of last hitting the front guys?
Depends on your intentions. If you want to stay in lane, just last hit and only push back if the enemy is trying to. Otherwise, yeah.

DarkenDragon

01-15-2013

i'll last hit the minions in the front, but as soon as my abilities get strong enough to one shot, or 2 spell combo the caster minions, I'll do that. sure this may end up pushing the lane, but if im able to do this then chances are i'll be able to handle a gank, and will be strong enough to hold my own.