Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Weakest champion (lore-wise)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

02-07-2013

Quote:
H3llion:
probably Gragas, he's got good abilities but as far as lore goes he's literally a giant drunk, he's strong but in a fight i think most every other champ could take him

He accidentally enchanted himself with that strength via alcohol he brewed unknowingly near a locus of magical power.

Its almost like he is mocking anyone gaining magical power in a more impressive way.

(And I could envision a him learning a spell summoning beer casks from his stash: which would be how he replaces them in fights.)

Triumph Forks1

02-07-2013

Quote:
Possibly Riven, Garen, or Darius. They are all renowned soldiers, but their ability extends to swinging a weapon around. When compared to other champions, that isn't much.

According to lore? no.

Tehpersuns

02-09-2013

I would say Cass. She has no history of combat, plus a curse which should cause harm to her. , since that's what curses are suppose to do.

Lionant

02-11-2013

Quote:
Mondreus:
You serious...?

The Ball is part of Orianna, it's not her weapon or pet.

I also used to think that. In her bio, however, we are specifically told that her creator, Corin Reveck, "created The Ball as her pet and protector." Also, Orianna and The Ball are referred to as Champions, not just a single Champion. Just sayin'

LastTestament

02-12-2013

Quote:
Birdy51:
People tend to play up magic, but remember that at the end of the day, mages aren't necessarially perfect.

Magic can sting horribly, but remember that a blade to the stomach is far worse, especially if you used to being in the back line of a fight. However, in a one-on-one fight, a mage might not be used to defending himself against something that can kill him in the old fashioned way. A fireball does nothing to protect you from an arrow.

Soldiers like Darius and Garen however are more used to this. They have... Practical knowlege of combat that mages might not have considered like flanking the enemy, using cover against long range bombardments, and applying first aid. They also have undoubtably dealt with mages in the past, so they may know of a few protections they can use to resist spells that might normally kill them. Provided an enviroment that suits their needs, I believe they would have more than enough skill to kill a mage.

The only warriors I'm worried about being a bit weak is someone who is a bit more straightforward, like Fiora. Indeed, she is a fantastic duelist, but how would she fair against a mage or someone who uses a ranged weapon? Her tactics would be thrown off entirely by the prospects.

Then again, consider if that she did find a way through their line of fire, there would be a swift death for her enemies. A very swift death.

This argument has a few flaws...would Gimli be able to one v one Sarumen? More then likely not. While someone skilled in basic magic would be no match for garen, someone used to battle or a force of nature like brand would be able to incinerate garen before he got close.

The Only way garen wins is some flaw like Brand not having the mana or being weakened.

this is of course if both are of equal str and not strictly game mechanics

vain11

02-12-2013

There is a LoL champion with good lore?

Seth Lightheart

02-13-2013

I would say amumu. Amumu really doesn't have any innate power besides his ability of people to not wanting to hurt him.

Seth Lightheart

02-13-2013

Quote:
Fizz ln My Mouth:
Karma, definitely. Not just because she is awkward in game, either. Her lore is basically, "ONE DAY THIS CHICK WAS ALL MEDITATING AND STUFF AND THEN GAVE AN INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH, AND NEVER HAS EVER REALLY BEEN IN A FIGHT BEFORE LOLZ."

She is a figure head for hope at best.

I do have to point out....

"She modified her fans into lethal implements, and was tutored by Janna to enhance their effects"

also

''Her fan technique is a deadly art of grace and poise, but her truest strength lies in the hearts of those willing to die alongside her.''
-- Irelia

So she isn't completely defenseless. Also one could also make the argument that an army would be her greatest weapon.

Ferr3t

02-14-2013

Quote:
LastTestament:
This argument has a few flaws...would Gimli be able to one v one Sarumen? More then likely not. While someone skilled in basic magic would be no match for garen, someone used to battle or a force of nature like brand would be able to incinerate garen before he got close.

The Only way garen wins is some flaw like Brand not having the mana or being weakened.

this is of course if both are of equal str and not strictly game mechanics

Gimli against Saruman would be an unfair fight. Gimli against a wizard who isn't a demigod, however, may be a fair fight. Given decent armor blasts of magic would be nothing against him. A wizard of average power would have to strike him a dozen times to win, while Gimli just needs to get close enough for an axe to the face.

The idea is not "who is weaker than who," it's "who is the weakest," and while in a straight no holds barred fight someone like Brand or Zilean would decimate Garen in an instant, against the likes of, say, Janna or Diana, both magically fairly strong in their own right, it would be a much fairer fight.

As for who I think is the weakest, I'd honestly say Nautilus. In the lore it not only doesn't mention him having any special powers other than his anchor, but he's explicitly noted as being handicapped by the thing that makes him unique. His giant diver's suit makes it pretty much impossible for him to swim, run, etc.

Thraon

02-14-2013

Jax would kill everyone if he had a weapon
Lore wise he could "single handedly slay all the enemy champions." so he uses a lamppost.
Also imagine if Cho Gath eats all day and becomes a cubic kilometer big? Good bye everyone. he eats the institute of war as a snack.
I also find Cho gath funny