Let players under 30 buy EXP boosts with IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lactosefree1

01-14-2013

I've personally already made it to level 30, but I have friends who are under that level that either want to get to level 30 to play ranked or to be able to play against players who actually know what they're doing. It makes sense that IP boosts can't be bought with IP, but EXP boosts should be able to be bought with IP.

Troa

01-14-2013

It actually makes no sense. If they spend all their IP on EXP boosts, they won't have the runes they need to play ranked, nor the champions, and they're going to be the ones who don't know what they're doing since they got there quicker. It would simply be a detriment to the game as a whole.

Arcticfury

01-15-2013

This opens a can of worms. IP should go towards runes first and foremost, then champs. You're asking for players to not only make it to level 30 with earning less IP than those who don't use boosts, but you're also asking that they spend that lower IP they are earning for that boost making certain that they don't get 1-2 champs that they can play decent with and making certain they don't have a minimum of 2 complete tier 3 rune sets.

They already get 400 free RP, have them use that for boosts.

Zero Ichimonji

01-15-2013

I'd like to point out that the two responses are missing the point entirely.

The suggestion is not to make it MANDATORY to buy EXP boosts with IP. It simply offers the OPTION to do so.

People can spend their IP on what they want, and you can't tell them how to do it. If they want to spend their IP on EXP boosts that's their decision (should it be implemented), regardless of whether you feel like they should be buying runes or champions. Both of these replies are telling people what to do with their IP, and that's not a legitimate counter-argument to the idea.

This idea is a good one. +1.

Troa

01-15-2013

I think you actually missed the point Zero. Re-read the original post, and then see how we countered the reasons the original poster gave. You haven't given anything other than "it's a good idea", but have no real reason why("it's their decision" can also be used to legitimize trolling in ranked games and pissing people off), while we have given reasons why it is a bad idea to let people use IP for an RP only feature.

Not to mention it makes 0 business sense for Riot.

jester82

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Tell your friend to unlock a few champs and play draft game. Thats what I do with my wife (she mid 20's) and people are generally more fun to play with (more standard game as in top, jungle, ap mid, adc carry, support).

Arcticfury

01-16-2013

Play pvp, you get more exp from that, cough up $10 and buy your boosts, though an IP boost would be FAR more beneficial.

If you get to level 30 early you'll have less runes, less champs, less experience playing the game and frustrate the rest of us trying to play ranked and draft. This is bad on a few levels and good on none, well unless you feel entitled to get what you don't deserve. Next you'll want to open up your Christmas presents on Christmas Eve morning.

Vadamaar

01-16-2013

At first I thought OP's idea would be nice, but then I read the counter-arguments and I certainly have to agree with them. Rushing someone to 30 is a bad idea - it would be nice to play with friends in ranked, but they're really just not ready for it yet.

Devious Rogue

01-16-2013

Rushing a player to level 30 with even fewer runes and champs is detrimental to the quality of the player base and the game as a whole. Fun though it may be to play against people like that, I have no desire to see them reach level 30 without earning it properly because they ruin the game for their team.