Google Chrome & The Forums

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurstDemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Hey, so since yesterday, I can't get on the forum's using google chrome anymore. While it's not a major problem, I typically use google chrome for everything. When I try to go to the forum's (And only that part of the website) It signs me out and I have to log back in (On all levels of the forums, in all sections, and also while in threads) And when I log back in I get this message.

Access denied
You are not authorized to access this page.

And then I have to go to another page on the site. Again, this only happens with the forums on google chrome. Anyway I can fix this?

BurstDemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Bump. Any help? I still have the problem, just checked.

HolographicOne

01-15-2013

It happened to me on Chromium yesterday. Go to the homescreen: HERE

Log out (if it shows you're logged in).

Log back in.

Tell me if it works.

Kao Atlantis

01-15-2013

I get this problem from time to time. . Sometimes what HolographicOne said to do works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't work then deleting the cookies that are related to the League of Legends website will resolve the problem

If you don't know how to do that in Chrome, these are the steps to do that:

1. Open Chrome's Settings
  2. On the left side of the page hit "Settings" if it's not already selected. (Attached Screenshot 1)
  3. At the bottom of the settings page you should see "Show advanced settings…" Click it. (Attached Screenshot 2)
  4. Under the Privacy section, click "Content settings…" (Attached Screenshot 3)
  5. Under content settings click on "All cookies and site data…" (Attached Screenshot 4)
  6. In the search box type in "leagueoflegends" and delete the "na.leagueoflegends.com" cookie by pressing the "x" when you put your cursor over it. (Attached Screenshot 5)
  7. Try to sign back in and you should not get that error message again.

If anyone else has any problems with another browser, here is a good site to reference on how to delete your cookies in all the popular web browsers: http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx?page=2

BurstDemon

01-15-2013

Thank you, both of you. Holographicone's method worked, though I'm sure I tried it several times yesterday. If it ever happens again I'll know to delete the cookies. Thanks again ^^

HolographicOne

01-15-2013

Anytime, glad I could help someone today

lolfoster

02-01-2013

There is also something I just found out, If you run Chrome in Compatibility mode it will error you out of the forums as well so don't use this mode.