Post-Game Timer implementation?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holyfighter

01-14-2013

Hello,

I've had this idea for a while. There has been alot of people getting angry and allowing it to roll on to the next game that they play when people didn't even do anything wrong. Everyone has bad games and I know the first thing that most do is re-queue back into another game, but still with the same anger. So I was thinking maybe Riot should implement a timer after a game to queue again to relax, get some water and come back to the game. Not too long but like 3-5 minutes.

Just a thought to make the community better and perhaps prevent a couple heart attacks. lol

LoudFootSteps

01-14-2013

I usually don't want to waste time between games, because I am always something like "I want to spend 2 hours right now, so that leaves me time for 2 games". If a match takes me 55 minutes, I would have around 1 hour 5 minutes left. Now, I have to account for the timer and the time it takes for champ select plus loading. Also, I usually cool down about 2 minutes after an actually horrible game that I get angry at, and I never continue to bring my anger into more games.

Holyfighter

01-14-2013

I've only had a handful of 55+ minute games in my life. they usually run 32-37 minutes depending on how the games played, but yeah it was just a thought I had to help alleviate people being demoralized and then having to come back right after a loss and be a little ticked off.

Anrui

01-14-2013

If you want to take a break, then just don't re-queue.

Boagster

01-14-2013

From a teamwork, win-centric and general quality-of-life point of view, this sounds like a fantastic idea. From a business point of view, it is utter suicide. It wouldn't just backfire, it would be your whole dang engine exploding when you turn the key.

Holyfighter

01-14-2013

Its not about just taking a break, because honestly, most people dont quit after a loss, they usually keep playing constantly if they lose (and sometimes win). Its like gambling, sometimes people just dont know when to walk away and as we all know, more losses comes with more frustration and that builds up to anger. I was just thinking of ways to help the community from constantly having demoralized people in their queues that flame, go afk just because they think this game is gonna be like their last game. Lol. But I guess this idea can be scrapped.