[Champion Suggestion] Cynire Bladewing - Thief

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruduen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Just an idea on a character, and I'd like any feedback. The idea is theft, but it's not connected simply to stealing gold.

Cynire Bladewing

Thieves almost always exist, but the best are the ones that are never heard of. Cynire was one of these, simply living day to day, making quick raids on more lavish homes whenever the opportunity came. By chance, he stumbled upon the home of his city's champion one evening, overhearing of the conversation there. If there were the famous in the League, there would be the rich as well, and greater opportunities seemed clear if he followed.

"What do you mean, everything that's not nailed down? I'll take that stuff, too."

Stats:

Range: Melee
Health: Low
Mana: Mid
Move: High
Armor: Low
Spell Block: Mid
Critical Strike: High
Health Regen: High
Mana Regen: Low

Passive - Escape Artist

Whenever Cynire dodges an attack, he removes any stuns, locks, or slows currently on him, and gains a 20% movement bonus for 5 seconds.

Q - Life Steal - Passive/Active - 10/15/20/25/30 MP - 8/7/6/5/4 Sec. Cooldown

Passive - Cynire can take the traces of life from his attacks. (Regains 1/2/3/4/5 HP per attack)
Active - Cynire quickly attacks an opponent, syphoning off a bit of life for his own use. (The next attack deals an additional 10/15/20/25/30 + 0.6 AP damage, 100% damage regenerated.)

W - Pickpocket - Passive

When Cynire has attacked a champion, their natural gold flow is halted and he gains it instead. Lasts 5/7/9/11/13 seconds. In addition, if an enemy is killed while this effect is applied, it lasts until they respawn.

(Other idea: Every third attack, Cynire gains 1/2/3/4/5 gold. If the target is a champion, the same amount is lost from their gold pool.)

E - Flash Mirage - Active - 50/60/70/80/90 MP - 50/45/40/35/30 Sec. Cooldown

Cynire quickly jumps a very short distance, using the confusion to move. He warps a short distance, and for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds afterwards, gains a 20% chance of dodging attacks.

R (Ultimate) - Spirit Steal - Active - 100/90/80 MP - 120/90/60 Sec. Cooldown

Cynire steals the spirit of the enemies. For 8 seconds, any healing (including natural healing) of enemy champions is halved, and Cynire's health is healed by the same amount. (Large area.)

(Other idea: Cynire steals the very technique from a person's soul. The cooldown on all of their moves is increased by 50%/75%/100%, and for 50/100/150 seconds, this skill is treated as their ultimate skill of the same level, with its cooldown initially at 0. Cooldown of 200 seconds.)

Any comments, suggestions, or specific numbers that people could add to this would be appreciated, especially for the ranges of the skills, or for the proper stats.

superdooper

11-29-2009

Hmmmm... So is his ultimate an aoe or is it targeted?

Ruduen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

AoE with relatively large range, centered on him. The main thing that could be an issue is if it was too large, and made it possible for him to absorb fountain healing.

Darion Mograine

11-29-2009

I would say his stats would probably be Low HP (like twisted) mid str, little more int than that, and high difficulty. Also even without a large range, if someone stacked hp items on him, he could just run up to fountain and use that skill to gank people in their fountain.

orakio

11-30-2009

Is he a melee range or ranged hero? If he is ranged then pickpocket is probably a bit overpowered, with a good harassing lanemate you can completely cut off enemy gold flow unless they stay away from creeps and even then you are hurting it.

Now if you make it an active ability with a cooldown longer than duration then that may work. Also, like others, i have some fears about the ultimate and fountain healing.

That being said the concept sounds entertaining and may work with a bit of tweaking. You could probably shorten the cooldown of flash mirage, certainly to 30 seconds or less. The lifesteal cooldown may be too short with how much AP ratio it gets, but as his only nuke it could still be balanced.

Grue

11-30-2009

Going through his abilities:
First, that's a very powerful passive, and could probably just be its own ability. Something like:

W -Escape Artist - Cynire is a master of getting out of tight spots.
Cynire removes all crowd control effects on him, and gains a 15% movement speed bonus. For each crowd control effect removed he gains an additional 15% dodge chance and a 12/14/16/18/20% movement speed bonus
Cost - 80 mana
Range - Personal
Cool Down - 20/18/16/14/12 seconds.

Life Steal: cool, I love passive/active abilities.

Pickpocket: might be overly powerful. I'd change that into his passive and just make him gain a static bonus on hit, say (.5)/1/2 gold.

Flash Mirage
: is basically Shunpo, but that's cool, it fits the flavor, and mechanics.

Soul Steal: is cool, but you could probably give him something more interesting, and tack it on to Life Steal. Perhaps like...

Q -Life Steal - Cynire redirects helpful magics to himself.
Passive - Any time a healing effect is used near Cynire it is reduced by 30/35/40/45/50%, and Cynire heals for an amount equal to the healing lost.
Active - Cynire quickly attacks an opponent, siphoning off a bit of life for his own use. (The next attack deals an additional 10/15/20/25/30 + 0.6 AP damage, 100% damage regenerated.)
Cost - 75 mana
Range - 600
Cool Down - 16 seconds

Anyway, those are just my suggestions and comments so take them for what they're worth, which isn't much. I love your concept though.

NoHeart

11-30-2009

OMG IT'S A GRUE!

I run east toward the canyon and hide in the leprechaun's pot of gold and hope the Grue lost my scent!

Ruduen

11-30-2009

Let's see what I can respond to...

Darian: Yeah, that about fits what I had in mind. I honestly expected it to be more like high STR and mid INT than vice versa, though. I'll edit those in.

orakio: Thought I put that he was melee, but I guess I forgot to. I think life steal is somewhat reasonable simply because he has no real AP moves, but I'll have to reconsider. see. Will probably shorten flash, though.

Grue: I'm fond of the way his passive works, though it probably does get messy. The other option is to make it so his boost in speed is larger, but only lasts for 1 or 2 seconds. Making it work as an active skill can work, but it's a rather tricky possibility, though I could also consider beefing it up in and swapping it with Soul Steal to make that his passive instead. As for pickpocket, main thing is that I'm trying to get a decent grasp of how much gold is reasonable, and how to keep it as a theft-type idea. The other option is to simply have it activate an alternating number of attacks and steal 1/2/3/4/5 gold at that moment, though if I did that, it would also have to work on creeps to make it useful.

NoHeart: Wow, talk about off-topic.

Grue

11-30-2009

I like the way his passive works too actually, it's a great mechanic. I'm just saying that it's a powerful enough ability that it's honestly more like an activation skill instead of a passive. The way it works now it would be silly to even try to stun or CC him, because people will build dodge. If this is what you're going for then I understand, but for comparison Cure Scurvy has a 20 second cool down and is essentially the same thing just with healing instead of move speed. Perhaps adding something like "this ability only works once every 5 seconds."

As for stealing gold that is an incredibly powerful mechanic. Gold per 5 items are incredibly strong, and although Riot removed passive gold gain on death, they're putting it back in for a reason.

Basically, the only reason I would change Pickpocket is because I believe it would be overly powerful, and I'm not sure there's really any way to balance stealing gold as opposed to him just gaining extra gold in some way, such as Parrrley or Plentiful Bounty.

Ruduen

11-30-2009

Yes, perhaps the best way to word his passive is so it can't be triggered again while it's already active, or have a cooldown on it in that manner.

And it would be an odd balance to try to make stealing gold reasonable. As it stands, it's rather difficult to do since he's a rather fragile hero and he's also melee, which means doing it would be a very high risk act, so I'll still have to give it some thought.