Executioner's Calling - viability suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManPandas

01-14-2013

First off, I'll start by saying I play mostly Dominion. And on top of that I play mostly bottom lane, and play several different champs (but ... mostly Yorick). And I "like" Executioner's Calling. Its a very nice item, especially for dueling with other ADs. But generally its just a cheap counter-build item. Which for the most part have been generally done away with in the new s3 system.

That being said, by beef in general is less about Executioner's Calling and more about Sanguine Blade. I understand why Dominion can't have Blood Thirster, but replacing it with Sanguine Blade somewhat forces all AD to take it. This is a problem of sorts because the AD-casters who don't take a lot of attack speed end up with the short end of the stick so to speak. This is mainly because its hard to find a decent item with Life Leech other than sanguine.

I think there's a really simple fix that could kill two birds with one stone: Change Executioner's Blade to cost a Vampiric Scepter instead of a Long Sword, and then give it Life Leech. So you'd have something like...

Executioner Calling -- 2200 Gold
Avarice Blade (800g) + Vampiric Scepter (800g) + 600 Gold

+25 Attack Damage
+15% Crit
+15% Life Steel
Unique: Your basic attacks inflict Grievous Wounds on enemy champion for 1.5 seconds.

ROOOOOAST

01-14-2013

Heum so ad caster who doesnt want attack speed would want crit???

67chrome

01-14-2013

I really liked Exacutinoer's Calling in season 2. I mostly played Fiora though, so I generally stacked 2 of them. It was really nifty to have just critical strikes and life steal on an item for her - what with all the AD and AS she comes with already to use crit and life steal with. 1350 for 18% life steal and 15 critical strike chance was a crazy good deal to, especially in Dominion - were you could pick up 2 and count on not having to sell them for more expensive gear more often than not.

Best thing for champions like Yorick in Dominion would probably be something more like Lord Van Damn's Pillager. Critical strike damage just doesn't strike me as any more appealing to more ability-heavy champions than building life steal with attack speed.

Mickey the Mouse

01-14-2013

I disagree with the life steal because of how quickly an adcarry became with those high lifesteal rates on autoattacks back when EC had 18% lifesteal. One person suggested that this would be a great item to begin introducing Spell Vampirism on AD-type items for those AD casters that get none of that love.

ManPandas

01-14-2013

The thing is, the Crit isn't great but its passable because that Avarice Blade is really juicy in bottom lane. Blade of the Ruined King could be another interesting option, though its unique abilities seem wildly overpowered for Dominion.

I don't know, I guess my main point is I'd like to see another item with AD/Life steel that was at least in the same ballpark as Sanguine Blade. Variety is a good thing right? Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy Bilgewater and call it a day.

Mickey the Mouse

01-14-2013

As Executioner's calling is one of those particular items with a good story behind it, we could really bump up the price without boosting too far its already existing attributes (as little as possible) by using the BFsword and Avarice Blade as the components. After all, Executioner's calling is supposed to be a B F long sword (look up what BF sword means).

Executioner's Calling (2950). Legendary due to Avarice Blade.
Recipe: 600
Components
Avarice Blade (800)
B. F. Sword (1550)
Total before recipe: 2350

+45 Attack Damage, +15% critical strike, Unique Passive: +20% Spell Vampirism, Unique Passive - Executioner's Mark: Your basic attacks apply Executioner's Mark to the target for 8 seconds dealing 5 magic damage per second and applying Grievous Wounds to the target.

(Grievous Wounds reduces healing and regeneration effects by 50%).

The Mark isn't some OP early game thing for champions like darius to stack on their already insane earlygame DoT, because the item is so expensive now. However, if the early game Grievous Wounds is still desired, it could go about a different route; an extra step, making a Legendary but advanced-like item (similar to Bilgewater Cutlass) another middle man. This will keep the Executioner's Calling Long Sword still in its right place at the top.

Glut Long Sword (1400). Legendary due to Avarice Blade.
Recipe: 200
Components
Avarice Blade (800)
Long sword (400)
Total before recipe: 1200

+12% Critical Strike Chance, +15 Attack Damage, UNIQUE Passive: Basic attacks apply Grievous Wounds to the target.

Executioner's Calling (2950). Legendary due to Glut Long Sword.
Recipe: 675
Components
Glut Long Sword (1400)
Pickaxe (875)
Total before recipe: 2275

+45 Attack Damage, +15% critical strike, Unique Passive: +20% Spell Vampirism, Unique Passive - Executioner's Mark: Your basic attacks apply Executioner's Mark to the target for 8 seconds dealing 5 magic damage per second and applying Grievous Wounds to the target.

67chrome

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManPandas View Post
I don't know, I guess my main point is I'd like to see another item with AD/Life steel that was at least in the same ballpark as Sanguine Blade. Variety is a good thing right? Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy Bilgewater and call it a day.
Every single life-steal item has AD, it's not like there's a shortage of AD+life steal items. Hydra is probably the best one on bruisers.

Mickey the Mouse

01-15-2013

I agree with 67chrome's mood on the subject. There are enough AD/lifesteal items, and we definitely don't need a wide array of lifesteal/otherstat items for AD carries (but ad casters need more loving).

We already have the stackable Bloodthirster, which has its drawback of stacks loss upon death, enough to warn against stacking them... but still viable with more than one. With an excessive good amount of lifesteal AD carry focused items, they will be the only thing anyone ever buys, because if you can also get your crits and multihits and attackspeeds with them, then why buy anything else when you could also have 80% or100% lifesteal?

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

As Executioners Calling is now, its many things it shouldnt be.
Its plain,
Its weak,
and it doesnt do its job correctly.
Currently it has a good build path but it is lacking in stats and interesting uses, with my following example i have changed how the item is built and one of its passives to give more options for why the item could be picked up.

Executioners Calling
+25 AD
+15% Critical Chance
+12% Life Steal
Unique Passive - Executioners Mark: Your basic attacks against enemy champions deal an additional 8 magic damage per second for 5 seconds(Executioners Mark interrupts Recalling)
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks apply Grevious Wounds on enemy champion for 1.5 seconds.

-Vampiric Scepter ~800g
---Long Sword
-Avarice Blade ~800g
---Brawlers Glove
-Combine ~850g
Total Cost: 2450g

Now obviously this version would require playtesting and tweaking because the role of this item has been changed.
It gained a couple of unique uses with this changes:
- Can be rushed to harrass the enemy laner to recall away from their tower and xp.
- Provides the user with the means to increase their comparitive sustain through grevious wounds and 12% lifesteal.
- Could possibly be picked up by an unconventional support(Ashe, Lee Sin for harrass and sustain.

This items trade offs however are:
- It takes up an item slot so the user has to give up some AD, Crit, AS or Defense.
- Rushing this item means you dont get the full benefit of Avarice Blade.
- Farming under the enemy tower could become more difficult as the DoT triggers the tower.

Mickey the Mouse

01-16-2013

no more lifesteal... for real. Stop making lifesteal.