blitz build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coolh4x0r

01-14-2013

i'm having an argument with a friend over SUPPORT blitz build. assuming sight/vision wards are a given, what should be built? i think you should start with sapphire crystal and ward, then build it into ToG, upgrade ToG to manamune/AA and get ionian/mobility boots, grab frozen heart for mana and CDR. Then if i have gold mikaels cruicible + aegis/runic bulwark. That leaves one slot for oracles/wards my friend proposes start with ruby crystal, phage, ionian boots, triforce, then one of three situational items...frozen heart, wardens/thornmail/chain vest, randuins. Now just wondering, who has the better build? i think that i do (cuz mana tank = tank blitz due to passive, and massive ability spam), while he's too stubborn to listen to me. any thoughts on this?
tl:dr what's a better build on SUPPORT blitz? mana tank with cdr, or triforce with cdr and armor.

Shukk01

01-14-2013

Tbh i think both these builds are quite silly since you didnt mention the philo or kage's lucky pick or the sightstone wich are quite essential as support ( maybe not kage but the gp10 helps a lot)

To answer your question, my opinion is that you should start 3 wards faerie charm and 2 potions

from there generally tanky items are best suited for blitz.

You should try Iceborn Gauntlet its very good, also bulwark i would consider to be in the essential items

Recently i've been doing fairly well with these as my core items
Philo
kage
sightstone
mobi boots
iceborne
bukwark

then i would either sell or upgrade the gp10's depending on how the game is going

Coolh4x0r

01-14-2013

i'm gonna try your reccommendation, tho i hate philos cuz the stats on it since the season 3 nerf makes it pretty bad...season 2 version was much better. also, sighstone only gives me 2 wards, and that's frankly not enough. i usually have 5ish wards at any time except early game, and baron, dragon, tribush, gank bush, and bot bush. but i'm gonna try iceborne and rush bulwark, and see what happens

Boagster

01-14-2013

The stats on Philosopher's Stone shouldn't be why you are buying it, it's the GP/10. You are playing Support, so your main strength, especially in early game, should lie in the fact that you have a kit you can do well with regardless of items. Philosopher's Stone and Kage's Lucky Pick allow you to cover up the low gold income you should have as support. If you do surprisingly well particularly early (e.g.: getting your ADC two double kills before the enemy gets past level 2), then you might be able to skip the GP/10 to keep your advantage, but you will then be reliant on keeping it up to keep your gold income stable. Risk-vs-Reward there.

Also, that Sightstone may not get you many wards by itself, but as you stated, you aren't placing five wards during early game. It will save you valuable gold. Just by placing ten wards with it, you save 50 gold, and 75 gold for every ward after that. Assuming you buy it very early (I'd suggest before you even get GP/10 items), then you are pretty much guaranteed to make money out of it. That will give you the money for your wards later in the game. I prefer to just buy pinks late game, relying on the Sightstone / Ruby Sightstone (which gives you a total of three out at one time) for less critical areas.

Also, it gives you the advantage of being able to "move" wards, due to the fact that it gives you four wards every time you go back. This is very useful early game, where you can place one ward in the bush closest to your turret when the enemy has your lane pushed, then another in river as you push, and then a third in the other lane bush as you push, keeping bush control the entire time.