Thinking about leaving the League.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

01-14-2013

After months of playing im getting pretty bored and the devs have not saw fit of giving dominion ranked games. Im not the tu[r of person who needs to try out "Every champion in the game" or needs to have "every new skin". I have a handfull of champions i like and a few skins and thats it. A competitive mode is what gives a game longevity for me.

And league of legends being a pvp-multiplayer game was right up my ally but it just isn't enough for me anymore. Eventually you get to the point in a game were you become so experienced in a game mode that ranked games are just necessary to gauge your progess. I really can't be bothered going to an outside source for ranked potential like dominatedominion since im going to college and working and that seems like to much trouble.

I'm pretty sure dominion playerbase has lost many players due to the above reasons. However the league as a whole is about to lose me as a customer because i really can't be bothered playing SR. The game modes are far too long, i don't like the passivity of the early game, and surrendering is never an option for a thick-headed person like me. So its been fun.

Sakuri Ono

01-14-2013

Technically if mode-length and passivity are your only concerns you could dally around in Twisted Treeline until Riot gets its act in gear for a Dom Ranked; since they've had that since the re-boot. In terms of total time and skirmish-orientation it's got some nice similarities that would make the transition smoother than Dom to SR.

Just a suggestion.

FOODFOOD

01-14-2013

I find that when I get bored with league, I just play ARAM.

Instead of "leaving," why don't you just take a break for a while? We don't want to lose a good player, but it sucks getting burned out. I've been playing Airmech a lot lately. It's pretty fun... sort of like Starcraft meets Dominion. I've been playing it a bit, and I'm already hungering for League again.

Hrondir

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
I find that when I get bored with league, I just play ARAM.

Instead of "leaving," why don't you just take a break for a while? We don't want to lose a good player, but it sucks getting burned out. I've been playing Airmech a lot lately. It's pretty fun... sort of like Starcraft meets Dominion. I've been playing it a bit, and I'm already hungering for League again.
How is airmech? I saw fony do a report on it and it looked fun but I haven't heard anything about it other than the short BFF report on it. I too am getting kinda burned out with league but that's mostly because I keep getting paired up with "Dom=thunderdome" SR tards that send ashe bot against jax or jayce.

FOODFOOD

01-14-2013

It's pretty fun but the playerbase is still low. You get 1.5 hours of offline mode a day, which is fun if your internet blows like mine does sometimes. I like that you can play it inside of Google Chrome too (though that version is still buggy). And it's F2P.
The gameplay is really cool. It's like Dominion in that you're ALWAYS doing something, and there is sort of a capture-point system. You do have to physically destroy the other player's main base (it's like a Nexus), but having more capture points makes it a heck of a lot easier. You're also constantly building things like in Starcraft, and there's some micro.

The purchaseable in-game-content doesn't break PvP, and it's pretty cost efficient too. You can pay $5 to get a VIP status and then you'll permanently have 10% increased IP gains, among other various features.

My only gripe is that there's no real incentive to destroy opposing Airmechs (they're like champions). The only incentive is that they have to wait 10-20 seconds to respawn. Other than that, the gold gains aren't that high. And there aren't very many types of Airmechs yet, but it's still in Beta, so they'll come in time.

Eloquid

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
Technically if mode-length and passivity are your only concerns you could dally around in Twisted Treeline until Riot gets its act in gear for a Dom Ranked; since they've had that since the re-boot. In terms of total time and skirmish-orientation it's got some nice similarities that would make the transition smoother than Dom to SR.

Just a suggestion.
Except TT can also last up to an hour and it's basically also a farmfest until you buy your gear, or random skirmishes in which win champions that are better at level 1. Good luck having fun there. I know since I have 180 wins there (110 loses), but got sick how boring it became in S3 so I only play Dominion now.