Client won't open

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kraamaur

01-14-2013

I have recently reformatted my computer, and I downloaded the League client. Now when I am trying to open the client to play nothing happens. It will flash the league of legends logo, but with never open. I have deleted the client and re downloaded it twice now and still it wont fix the problem. If anyone has kind of ideas or thoughts please help me out.

Kao Atlantis

01-14-2013

Hi kraamaur,

That would be a bit annoying to have to deal with. Have you tried running League of Legends as administrator? You can do that by right-clicking on the icon and selecting "run as administrator" and see if it launches and stays open.

You may also want to see the following article to check your various windows settings: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...roubleshooting

kraamaur

01-14-2013

Hey Kao, thank you for your ideas. I have tried running as admin a few times, but I just lowered my settings and am re downloading the game now. Crossing my fingers

Kao Atlantis

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraamaur View Post
Hey Kao, thank you for your ideas. I have tried running as admin a few times, but I just lowered my settings and am re downloading the game now. Crossing my fingers
Hopefully it works this time.

I found some more information on launcher errors in The Wrenchmen's Toolbox thread that might help as well, the thread, if you have not see it, is located here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=52018

This part in particular: (The .NET could be the issue.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Wrenchmen's Toolbox
The Launcher has experienced an error?
1. Make sure you are current on your Windows Updates
2. Make sure you have Dot NET Framework 3.5 or uninstall then reinstall your Dot NET Framework.
3. If you are running Windows Vista/Windows 7 make sure the install path is NOT in Program Files
4. Are you having A Connection Failure on logging in?
5. Reinstall League of Legends
But hopefully you don't need any more steps and you can get back onto the Fields of Justice soon.