Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP/AD Kog'maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fate000

01-14-2013

Just wondering, which is better? AP or AD Koogie, er, Kog'maw. What are their pros and cons?
I'm just wondering whether Koggles is a champion I might like, and whether he should be built AD or AP...

He is incredibly cute though... I want a Kog'maw plushie...

Jesustim

01-14-2013

AP kogmaw suffers from no real team fight capacity, he's just a poking machine and that's about it. AD kog goes hypercarry and stomps the late game. This match up always goes to AD

Fate000

01-14-2013

I've seen AP Kogs stomp in teamfights... those Bio-arcane barrages hurt if you have a lot of AP. AP/AS?

Voyles

01-14-2013

AD Kog is basically getting normal attack damage up a lot. AP Kog is to get your damage up on your abilities. Different play styles for each one but both can do well in team fights. AD Kog should start laning on bot and AP should start laning mid like the AP meta.

If going mid with AP Kog, you are more easily ganked compared to an ADC Kog on bot. So, ward alot or have your jungler ward river.

Watch videos of both AP and AD Kog and check out mobafire.com (http://www.mobafire.com) for the different builds.

SavageWolves

01-14-2013

Mobafire bad, as a general rule. It's a starting point and nothing more.

If you follow someone else's build to the letter every game, you probably won't win as often as if you made your build yourself and adapted every game.

Certain items better than others on every champion in the game, but when deciding what to buy you should consider what you want your character to do and get items that will help you do that. Spamming spells and need mana? Consider tear of the godess. Having trouble last hitting but still need some HP for cheap? Consider Doran's blade.

Fate000

01-14-2013

I like Mobafire, but I usually read the text on abilities more then items. (I have a good enough theoretical knowledge that I can spit out some build for any champion if I am given a few games to familiarize myself). I use it for tricky strategies (Dem LeBlanc clone jukes...). Yes I do adapt each game. Usually I make a 4-item build and buy whatever for the last two slots in case I need too.
I was deciding on the pros and cons of AP / AD Kogmy.
As a whole I like APC better then ADC, so I think I will try AP Kog.

adc

01-14-2013

Quote:
Fate000:
I like Mobafire, but I usually read the text on abilities more then items. (I have a good enough theoretical knowledge that I can spit out some build for any champion if I am given a few games to familiarize myself). I use it for tricky strategies (Dem LeBlanc clone jukes...). Yes I do adapt each game. Usually I make a 4-item build and buy whatever for the last two slots in case I need too.
I was deciding on the pros and cons of AP / AD Kogmy.
As a whole I like APC better then ADC, so I think I will try AP Kog.

The thing about mobafire is that there's no real system for knowing what's good and what isn't. For all you know, the top rated guide could be utter bull****. Personally I'd suggest solomid.net, but you have to have a good ad blocker for that site.