How's Heimer in this mode?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

APissedOffHobo

01-14-2013

I've really been neglecting Dominion since I started playing, and I'm only just now looking into trying it out. When I was but a wee little noob, I thought Heimer was one of the coolest champions, though as I had more experience with the game, I realized how he doesn't really par up with others. So I ask, is he okay in Dominion? I figure that if he excels at zoning people, he could really keep others from capturing friendly control points.

Any comments?

The Fizznity

01-14-2013

Good at point camping. Decent bot, better top.

KaaaBLAMO

01-14-2013

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Good at point camping. Decent bot, better top.

APissedOffHobo

01-14-2013

Is he actually considered a viable pick in Dominion, though? I know that champion viability is skewed due to nerfs/buffs being more important to Summoner's Rift, but what's the general opinion before the match starts if there's a Heimer on the team?

FOODFOOD

01-14-2013

I've beaten bot lane Jax with him a few times. He's good against all-in champs, but bad against people that can kill from a distance. Nunu and Malz wreck him so very hard.

A very good Heimer is very scary, though. But, you can say that about a lot of champs. A very good Viktor is also scary, but nobody seems to be good with him or Heimer.

Salki

01-14-2013

I actually want to try a hemier zyra combo, the turrets would be fun to defend with

boomshackalak

01-14-2013

3rd highest winrate on dominion this month (according to lolking.net). In low elo I think he is quite strong. In higher elo people will know better how to counter him.

He can clear creepwaves well and win botlane by pushing with minions. This will leave him exposed though, and as such his weakness is good gankers. If you pick Heimer with the intention of going top, say so in champ select. Whenever I see a Heimer I assume he will be going botlane and pick my own champion accordingly.

Just try it out and figure out his viability for yourself.

The Fizznity

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
I've beaten bot lane Jax with him a few times. He's good against all-in champs, but bad against people that can kill from a distance. Nunu and Malz wreck him so very hard.

A very good Heimer is very scary, though. But, you can say that about a lot of champs. A very good Viktor is also scary, but nobody seems to be good with him or Heimer.
I would play Viktor if there werent a class of champions that go "wtf is this useless piece of ****" and proceed to ignore my damage while facestomping me. ;( He can work, but it's too comp dependent.

Pyroxite

01-14-2013

I play Heimer about 90% of matches in Dominion, and in my opinion he's one of the best bots available. I'm about +30 on my W/L, which doesn't say much but without ELO it's the best I can offer.

Nunu, Malz, and AP Yi soft counter him, Yorick also counters him but inexplicably I rarely face Yorick despite what a great bot he is. In my opinion there is no hard counter to Heimer bot, you just have to play him enough to know the best way to deal with champs who have an advantage against him.

For builds basically I starts boots hpX4 and kage's, then upgraded boots (usually Merc, sometimes Sorc), BFT, Wooglet's as my core build and finally Banner of Command, Athene's, and Abyssal Scepter in varying order depending on what kind of damage I'm dealing with most.

Banner of Command is fun because, to my knowledge, no other champ ever builds it and people are surprised when you turn a siege minion into this hulking behemoth. The damage bonus passive on Banner works on Heimer's turrets, which is a not inconsiderable buff to his overall damage.

Anyways, I definitely suggest you spend some time playing him. You'll crush your way through low and middle ELO if you're good with him at all, and although my match difficulty has picked up significantly, I've never faced a champ bot that I felt just outclassed Heimer so much that there was nothing I can do. Getting ganked, now... that's a different story. In high elo Heimer will get ganked like a mofo because he pushes so hard, so you have to keep a close eye on your minimap, especially if they have a Kassadin.

Some quick thoughts on how to play against Heimer "counters".

AP Yi: Annoying matchup, but basically what you do is wait until after he uses alpha strike and only then drop your turrets. You can try leveling rockets first and harassing him in the early game, as his mana pool won't last long. Keep an eye on the distance between you and your minions, as that's obviously how he harasses for the most part. Be smart and don't use rockets while he's invis from alpha strike.

Nunu: Similar to AP yi, the way to beat Nunu is to run him out of mana. Despite his nom, he really cannot outpush Heimer. Place your turrets on the far side of the creep waves from where Nunu is (he's normally in the bushes), and if he runs out to chomp your turrets, unload your cooldowns on him. He can't trade consume for your damage if you do this, especially if you successfully maintain control of the health pack.

Malz: You'll have to stack MRes, there's no way around that. Other than that, harass with rockets, maintain high hp to avoid instagib with his ult, and place your turrets where his herpes cloud won't pass to them. Don't attempt to outpush Malz, as he will run you out of mana. Generally you'll be better off letting him push up closer to your node, as he'll be hesitant to ult you while getting blasted by your node, and you're closer to a health pack than he is. Malz is probably Heimer's toughest matchup.

Yorick/Elise: Both of these champs make your rockets more or less worthless, so level turrets to 5 asap and don't feed them in the meantime. Once you get lvl 5 turrets, place them behind the creep wave and their aoe will help clear out the bs pets. The best way to kill Elise is to bait her into jumping on you when you've got two turrets ready. Nade her face, lay turrets, ult, wooglet's if you got it, exhaust/barrier if you got it, kite a bit and nade again when you can.

And so on. If you have questions about other specific matchups I'll be happy to help. Like I said, my games are definitely getting harder, but I've never felt like I was outpicked, only outplayed, in terms of bot vs. bot matchups. If you like Heimer, I say play the hell out of him. He'll do right by you.

inFe eD

01-14-2013

Starts off extremely powerful, becomes increasingly ineffective as your enemies become more competent.