Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High School Team looking for tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loammi

01-14-2013

Our high school team played a match against another high school team this weekend. If you've got nothing to do for about 30 minutes and you feel like watching us play, we could use a little advice.

If you have less time, but still feel like helping, I believe that the turning point in the match happens between 17:00 and 22:00, then it snowballs from there on.

Thanks for your input!

http://youtu.be/vFyUqGdUDlQ

Oconnigan

01-14-2013

Sorry i cant really offer input but Damn, I really wish my high school had a LoL team. How did you guys get that together?

Loammi

01-14-2013

There were a few kids interested, they found an advisor and pitched the idea to the administration. We have 30 members that meet weekly to play. If you are interested in starting a club, let me know at [email]MVHSGamingClub@gmail.com[/email] and I can share what I know.

We are hosting an All High School Online Tournament on February 16th, if you have a team that attends your school (you don't have to be an official school team), we would love to have you.

Here's a link to the Tournament post: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2979839&highlight=high+school

iDpark

01-14-2013

Hey, can you post the replay? I'd like to download it and watch it.

I'd also love to have a league team, but I can't find enough people that are hardcore as me.

Loammi

01-14-2013

@iDpark, I have the files from League Replays. What is the best way to post those? A link to a Google Drive folder? Is there a file sharing service that is really easy to use with forums?

iDpark

01-14-2013

Can you put in on leaguereplays?

I unploaded a replay a long time ago and haven't had the need to try again.

If you can find another method that works, totally willing to try it out.

Azellos

01-14-2013

First off, i think it's awesome you have a high school team. Moreover, i noticed some good playing by your team. Kog especially did a great job of knowing when he was stronger than vayne and when he had to run- that's important on a champ with no escapes.

As far as how to improve your gameplay, i basically watched the game and typed down notes in this post at the same time, so it's probably going to be long and not all completely useful.

1. The handling of the early invade could be better. Here's the thing: you don't have to stop it! You can let them take red and it's no big deal. But make sure you have vision (hide in the far brushes) of the other team, so that you KNOW if they take red. That way, jax can very safely go steal Olaf's red, and it evens out.

2. Related to the first point: Jax needs more map presence. For example, Olaf took his own red (after taking jax's) with about 200 hp. Jax, if he had it warded, could have easily taken it and killed olaf- huge gain for your team! But instead, he sat in the brush at mid for an enormous amount of time (and never actually engaged on orianna). Sorry to hate on Jax so much, but it's gotta be fast- go mid, gank, come back. Time in the brush not ganking is time wasted- and make sure you ward olaf's jungle so you know where he is.

3-4. Riven/Sona: hit your skill shots.
Riven: Around 8:50, poppy gets away with a half a bar of hp. If you had hit your ult OR either of the two Qs you missed, she was dead. You played it smart, but always remember your mechanics!

Sona: Right after that, about 9 minutes in, you ultid and missed vayne and taric, after which kog died and vayne got away with low hp. Now, here's a bigger piece of advice: you want to position yourself more aggressively. Your job is to keep kog alive, so make sure you take damage instead of him. Don't suicide- but you should never have full hp while kog dies, that means you are too passive as a support, even if you are sona.

Swain: I didn't get to see a lot of you in the replay. But it looked like you played way too passively as well. Orianna's ball moves very slowly- if you can dodge it, which you should be able to, you can always out trade her. Your E does a TON of damage too, especially with auto attacks and your Q- so you want to position yourself close to her (your range is overall shorter), and out trade her, rather than position far away and get out farmed+out ranged.

1900: Kog and Swain both died, jax/riven almost did. Two things happened:
-Top: riven, you missed an ult. You actually should have either cast it early (while poppy was ccd), or waited (when popy ultid you and nobody else could kill you). After poppy ults, if you aren't damaging her (jax, swain) just back off. Don't keep attacking an invincible champ, only to get ultid by orianna.

-Bot: Kog, remember you have no escapes. If sona has no mana, push the lane, then go B and buy (especially some wards). Don't freeze the lane on their tower, taric alone could have probably killed you if he was more ballzy.

24:40 ish: You guys fought under the tower when you were already behind roughly 12k in gold. If your behind you want to play more conservative and catch their mistakes (mostly at baron or on your towers)- avoid pushing generally.

One last BIG thing: Builds! Building is arguably the most important part of the game, and i saw some big flaws. For example, sona skipped philo AND sight stone (the two core support items) and rushed aegis. Aegis is a good item, but never ever ever skip gp5 on sona. ever. You need that gold income, otherwise you will (and did) become extremely useless. Plus sight stone saves you a ton of gold on wards, and gives you some nice HP on top of it.

Swain, it's not necesarily wrong to have 2 dorans rings- in fact it's perfectly viable. But consider if it really matches your position and playstyle. You played rather passively vs orianna, and you were mostly trying to survive early game. That isn't really a dorans ring situation- you only want dorans if your trying to snowball your lane and get kills, otherwise it's a waste of money. I'd reccomend catalyst next time.

I think that's about it. The game was basically decided in the laning phase. I'd say the biggest improvement you can make is on mechanics- hit the skill shots, trade smarter, etc. Hopefully some of this advice helps you guys out.