Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked top counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoudFootSteps

01-14-2013

Quote:
OreIsan:
Riven is amazing at bullying late game champs out of lane. It's so hard to win a lane against riven as irelia until 9+ due to rivens mobility, shield and stun and passive adding 60+ damage per AA.

Olaf as well is really OP when played well or if he gets that 1st kill in lane, and so hard to gank post 6.

Rengar and Kha'xiz aren't as good as they were but still can dominate a lane if they get going.

Kha'zix is infinitely better as a jungle.

I Love Slurpees

01-14-2013

Elise. She is one of the more complex champs to play, but her damage in lane hurts... and if you get a kill you will snowball to the point they will request a 3v1 gank.

King Kappa

01-14-2013

If you're good enough at a champion, there is no such thing as a counter. Just practice what you have and you'll win.

Friesguy

01-14-2013

Quote:
LoudFootSteps:
Kha'zix is infinitely better as a jungle.

I must say I a disagree with you. The Jungler usually has the second lowest amount of gold on the team, Kha needs to have expensive damage items to do his job. He's infinitely better as a Top or AD Counter Mid.

Also, Malphite, and Shen are must-learn tops for Ranked 5s since you have to be able to punish the enemy team for not banning them (if they do make it through bans).

By the way Pogo, I agree Jax is OP at the moment, but he's shut down extremely hard by manaless AD Casters (Riven, Renekton, and Garen) to the point where he'll be 0-5 by 20 minutes and not have his trinity force/ core item. Also TC, Jax is a good champ to learn since he's a strong top laner and amazing late game carry (And Pogo would agree with me when I say Jax is OP right now).

I'd say you have a good roster of tops to go into Ranked 5s. Being able to use more champs up top will increase your teams strength at champ select. However, you must be able to play them all at very high skill levels to advance to higher play. Good luck and have fun dude.

TheHawtPotato

01-14-2013

jax

Runa44

01-14-2013

I'd say you have a good roster of tops to go into Ranked 5s. Being able to use more champs up top will increase your teams strength at champ select. However, you must be able to play them all at very high skill levels to advance to higher play. Good luck and have fun dude.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot man!

TERRORIST WlNS

01-14-2013

Quote:
YAdunnoe:
i haven't read much about why he counters but from playing him.....
He basically denies so much cs because he just keeps spawning ghouls on you. You can run away but you're missing cs and exp. You can run into the bush but a good Yorick will just w on top of you to gain vision. You can sit there and get cs but you will take a lot of damage.

To counter yorick you have to outsustain him or the jungler has to win the lane for you

Yorick doesn't ever go all out aggressive on you though. I think he's more of a denial sort of champ, especially because to go agressive you need to flash as you have no gap closers besides the slow on your w.

Then there was a champ named Cho'Gath with a great passive xD

futuresight23

01-14-2013

I agree on Rumble and Jayce. Rumble once he gets a couple points in his flamespitter is a force in lane and his ult can pretty much win teamfights if it hits correctly.

Jayce has strong harass and it can be very difficult to deny him in lane. If your team gets ahead, the Shock Blast Acceration Gate combo is strong at poking and making sure the next fight isn't fair.

Tanky top laners should also be a consideration. Shen, Chogath and Malphite can all fulfill that role.

As far as Jax is concerned, I'm exactly sure what to make of him in Season 3. The Trinity Force nerfs definitely hurt Jax. He is probably still powerful, but I don't know if he is still Jax Norris.