Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Helping Up & Coming Junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

Senior Member

01-16-2013

You could say I main Jungle\Support as I fill when doing games and those seem to be the spots people dont call often.

When I jungle I have a hard time ganking early because it seems that most of my lanes push so I have no effective way to gank for them.

When lanes are not pushed I usually end up with a kill\assist or a burnt summoners but as I stated most lanes are pushed so I dont get many ganks early. I also get a lot of grief from lanes because the other jungler is ganking, I try to explain to them that I cant gank when they have their lane pushed to tower and they are going to get ganked when they are over extended.

When this is the case (team is over extended) I ward, farm jungle and try to counter jungle (not counter gank unless I am in position to), should I be doing something else?

I also struggle when I counter jungle. A lot of times when I go to counter Red or Blue I will ping it and ask top, mid or bot to watch out or even come take it, well usually what happens is they dont respond and I get their top,mid or bot collapsing on me with their jungler. Usually these fights would be won if I had back up but it never usually comes. On the rare occasions that I get support we usually end up with buff and 1 or 2 kills. Should I not counter at all if I am with a team who doesnt follow up ?

Also when I Jungle it seems that tanking and initiating falls to me, this usually results in a lot of deaths for me, am I doing it wrong? I feel like my team doesnt follow up my initiates well even tho I ping and tell them what I am doing.

I can\have jungled with WW, Amumu, Malph, Xin, Nunu, Cho and Shen.
I have Moakai and want to start trying him out as well, tips for Moakai?.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

Senior Member

01-16-2013

PS- Id love it if you could add me and maybe we can run 1-2 normals and perhaps you could give me a few pointers?

PPS- Usually whenever I jungle my second blue goes to mid (or top) and my third red goes to ADC or Top if they even respond. I have lots of matches where I txt them to take it and ping it and get no response.

PPPS- When a lane dies or Bs I try to cover there lane and just last hit minions, I dont push unless instructed.

Are there other things I should be doing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanon Azai

Senior Member

01-16-2013

I'm not exactly "new", but your never too good to stop taking advice, right? I main top usually, but i'm slowly falling into the jungle. When do you recommend Machete 5 over boots 3? I normally only go boots 3 on everyone, but I sometimes fall behind in clear time. Then when I go machete; I rarely get a successful gank because its hard to apply redbuff when the person's faster than you. When do I and when do I not get machete 5?
Thanks, Rey


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueSkillz

Recruiter

01-16-2013

Quote:
Chopinator:
You could say I main Jungle\Support as I fill when doing games and those seem to be the spots people dont call often.

When I jungle I have a hard time ganking early because it seems that most of my lanes push so I have no effective way to gank for them.

When lanes are not pushed I usually end up with a kill\assist or a burnt summoners but as I stated most lanes are pushed so I dont get many ganks early. I also get a lot of grief from lanes because the other jungler is ganking, I try to explain to them that I cant gank when they have their lane pushed to tower and they are going to get ganked when they are over extended.

When this is the case (team is over extended) I ward, farm jungle and try to counter jungle (not counter gank unless I am in position to), should I be doing something else?

I also struggle when I counter jungle. A lot of times when I go to counter Red or Blue I will ping it and ask top, mid or bot to watch out or even come take it, well usually what happens is they dont respond and I get their top,mid or bot collapsing on me with their jungler. Usually these fights would be won if I had back up but it never usually comes. On the rare occasions that I get support we usually end up with buff and 1 or 2 kills. Should I not counter at all if I am with a team who doesnt follow up ?

Also when I Jungle it seems that tanking and initiating falls to me, this usually results in a lot of deaths for me, am I doing it wrong? I feel like my team doesnt follow up my initiates well even tho I ping and tell them what I am doing.

I can\have jungled with WW, Amumu, Malph, Xin, Nunu, Cho and Shen.
I have Moakai and want to start trying him out as well, tips for Moakai?.


If lanes are overextended and at the enemy tower dont worry about a gank unless its later in the game and you can perform a safe tower dive. Just continue to farm

If people are giving you grief about not ganking. Let them know why and if they continue to give you grief put them on ignore. 80% of the time you will be blamed for any issues in other lanes. all 3 lanes could be failing and you trying to help top and bot will start crying or visa versa.

When playing with people i dont know i usually dont counter jungle, because like you said if you get caught your dead because nobody will help. You can also just ward their buff and smite steal and walk away, or play more mobility champs and have escape routes planned. like playing lee sin and if you trying to steal purples red buff and they start to close on you just q to baron and run that way. using a ward can be just as good with his shield. or just dont invade if your flash is not up.

Most of the time junglers are the ones that initiate because that what they do when they gank. Junglers are going to be able to read the enemy better to start a fight since they have to know how to read people to gank. Also most junglers are tanks in general. I know its frustrating when your team does not follow up but there is not anything you can do to make them play better.

Amumu is a great jungler he is my number 2. lee sin is my number 1.

The reason i jungle is because i like making plays. I might not get all the kills.

Maokai is awesome as well. i dont like playing him because he does not do alot of damage and is really team dependent. He has easy ganks with his kit. he has a root and a knock back.

If you are going to be playing jungle i would find a friend to play top or mid because even if you team is doing bad you and your friend and just snowball their lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Reyreyspeak:
I'm not exactly "new", but your never too good to stop taking advice, right? I main top usually, but i'm slowly falling into the jungle. When do you recommend Machete 5 over boots 3? I normally only go boots 3 on everyone, but I sometimes fall behind in clear time. Then when I go machete; I rarely get a successful gank because its hard to apply redbuff when the person's faster than you. When do I and when do I not get machete 5?
Thanks, Rey


While I am not an expert in jungling I will throw my 2 cents in. Always start Machete 5, they only exception I can think of is WW because of his sustain.

What is your life like after your first clear with just 3 pots, do you even have the health to gank then? When I jungle, even with Xin whos E gives him some sustain I use 4 or 5 pots.
Plus the added clear time from Machete is huge to start.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueSkillz

Recruiter

01-16-2013

Quote:
Chopinator:
PS- Id love it if you could add me and maybe we can run 1-2 normals and perhaps you could give me a few pointers?

PPS- Usually whenever I jungle my second blue goes to mid (or top) and my third red goes to ADC or Top if they even respond. I have lots of matches where I txt them to take it and ping it and get no response.

PPPS- When a lane dies or Bs I try to cover there lane and just last hit minions, I dont push unless instructed.

Are there other things I should be doing?

Feel free to add me. when you see me online pls message me and let me know you are wanting a mentor so i can put you into the correct group. if i dont have you in a group you will get lost in my friends list and what not lol.

If they dont respond take it. no sense in you losing hp because they dont want to come.

Last hitting creeps in a lane is fine. if they freak out tell them to shut up. since we dont want to lose xp and gold.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
TrueSkillz:

Amumu is a great jungler he is my number 2. lee sin is my number 1.


Yes I dont have Lee, I tried him last week when he was free and just could not get him down. Maybe more practice, but at this point I wont buy him.

If you were to pick a Jungler who you could carry with at 1200 elo who would it be? Besides Lee and perma bans (Amumu and Malph)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Also, should you get sightstone on a jungle? It seems that I end up putting more wards down than the support so I end up spending lots of gold on wards (even with Lantern)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueSkillz

Recruiter

01-16-2013

Quote:
Reyreyspeak:
I'm not exactly "new", but your never too good to stop taking advice, right? I main top usually, but i'm slowly falling into the jungle. When do you recommend Machete 5 over boots 3? I normally only go boots 3 on everyone, but I sometimes fall behind in clear time. Then when I go machete; I rarely get a successful gank because its hard to apply redbuff when the person's faster than you. When do I and when do I not get machete 5?
Thanks, Rey


I normally play champs with gap closers.
amumu
lee sin
leona
maokai
naut

I normally run move speed quints so that helps a little but i do not start boots

I start machete on everyone but lee sin and leona which i start long sword.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
TrueSkillz:

I start machete on everyone but lee sin and leona which i start long sword.


Your able to gank after first clear with Sword and 2 pots? Do you get hard leashes to start?