Helping Up & Coming Junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Troy242621

02-16-2013

So I typically run mid lane APC as Annie or Evelynn where needed, but I've shown a recent interest in jungling, as I have a great appreciation for stealth/assassinating, ganks, strategy and surprise attacks. Turns out, I really don't like Fiddlesticks. Overall, the ordeal was extremely disheartening. I've had Shaco suggested multiple times but more recently have been told to try a different jungler. However, I fear the same issues will arise that I honestly have a weak conceptual grasp on my objective here. I've read guides but as far as what to do and when, I'm baffled.

Thanks in advance for any help you may choose to provide.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy242621 View Post
So I typically run mid lane APC as Annie or Evelynn where needed, but I've shown a recent interest in jungling, as I have a great appreciation for stealth/assassinating, ganks, strategy and surprise attacks. Turns out, I really don't like Fiddlesticks. Overall, the ordeal was extremely disheartening. I've had Shaco suggested multiple times but more recently have been told to try a different jungler. However, I fear the same issues will arise that I honestly have a weak conceptual grasp on my objective here. I've read guides but as far as what to do and when, I'm baffled.

Thanks in advance for any help you may choose to provide.
First off i would not worry about jungling till lvl 15 or 20 due to the need of runes/masteries.

I would need a more direct question. I would love to teach you how to jungle from the ground up but i really dont have the time. currently trying to teach a friend of mine to jungle so i can move to adc for our team.

As for stealthy/assasin junglers you have rengar, shaco, and kha zix.

I can stream while im teach my friend to jungle if you think that would help. Feel free to add me in game If you want to add me in game and ill let you know when im teaching my friend so you can watch my stream

iAgro

02-16-2013

Read few pages,can't skim the rest.
How do you feel about vi jungle? Im pretty new but i run her every game for now, complete fun eating damage and soaking damage with passive.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

I have yet to play vi but she is really good. she has good gap closers and does very good damage. IMO she is one of the best junglers for competitive play.

Nyche

Recruiter

02-17-2013

How do you check minion HP to last hit with smite? I see people talking about it in guides but never see a #hp on the minion or neutral monster.

iAgro

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyche View Post
How do you check minion HP to last hit with smite? I see people talking about it in guides but never see a #hp on the minion or neutral monster.
Left clicking opens up an info box at top left corner.

TrueSkillz

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAgro View Post
Left clicking opens up an info box at top left corner.
yep iAgro is correct. with also each tick on the hp bar is 100hp. so you can gauge it like that as well. Once you get some more experience in jungle you will be able to eye the hp for smites. good for smite steals on dragon and baron.

BarbarianFF

02-20-2013

why do you want be in the jungle? does it help the points and gold for the team? noob here

TrueSkillz

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarianFF View Post
why do you want be in the jungle? does it help the points and gold for the team? noob here
Having someone in the jungle allows another solo lane which let them get all the gold and xp from lane instead of sharing, and the jungler lvls just as fast in the jungle and get about the same amount of gold if you were fighting for it in top lane with someone else.

Sozja

03-31-2013

I've just atarted playing Nunu as a jungler (I'm a lvl 11 summoner). I haven't picked up any runes yet because I heard it was best to wait to 20 and get the tier 3 runes. I'm having trouble keeping up with players in lanes. By the time Nunu hits level 6, everyone else is 8 and someone may have hit 9. When I go to start ganking or grouping, it seems I'm behind the curve and at a disadvantage.

Any tips for keeping up level-wise when jungling early on? Or am I just too gimped at summoner level 11?