Helping Up & Coming Junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ommnom

01-31-2013

Can I get some advice for jungling with Volibear? Usually i start with Rejuv beads and HP, or sometimes just a ruby crystal to get Warmog's as quickly as possible, but should i be going for a Wriggles instead?

I'm level 17 so no tier 3s yet, saving up for when i hit 20 though.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Wriggles would help with your clear times. I would also suggest getting some sort of attack speed to help proc your bite faster. with you current starting items do you have problems jungling? if so i would suggest starting cloth + 5 hp pot. Do you have a more specific question about jungle volibear like what your path should be or how to gank with him? Warmogs is strong right now but they are changing it this patch so might not be a good item to rush. would have to wait and see the changes.

Ommnom

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueSkillz View Post
Wriggles would help with your clear times. I would also suggest getting some sort of attack speed to help proc your bite faster. with you current starting items do you have problems jungling? if so i would suggest starting cloth + 5 hp pot. Do you have a more specific question about jungle volibear like what your path should be or how to gank with him? Warmogs is strong right now but they are changing it this patch so might not be a good item to rush. would have to wait and see the changes.
Yeah i think a path for Voli would be nice to know. Usually i run wolves-wraiths-blue-golems-red if i have enough health, maybe port back right before blue just in case, unless i can get a leash on him first thing. I'm also having trouble knowing which abilities to level first, when I'm jungling vs laning

Vendridil

02-07-2013

True Skillz, got a question for you. How on earth does one handle Mundo's negative sustain early game? I am level 30, I run Movespeed Quints, Attack Speed Marks, Armor Seals, and Mr/lvl Glyphs, 0/21/9 masteries (improved flash, improved recall, movespeed, summoner cd, and buff duration in utility) but I have also tried 9/21/0. I want to jungle so bad, but I get demoralized cause the jungler I want to main (Mundo) kicks my butt early game. Even starting Machete +5 pots my health is too low when I get to level 4 to gank.

I would try a level 2 gank, but to be honest I am just getting into jungling (aside from watching and theorycrafting for several months) so I am not sure how comfortable I am with that risk. My route is Wraiths, Red, Wolves, Wraiths, Blue, Wolves. I start W, get E at level 2, E again at 3 (I hear W costs too much health for the first clear), Q at level 4, then my skill order is RWEQ. By the time I am done with my lvl 4 clear, I have maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of my health left and have to shop/heal. What do?

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommnom View Post
Yeah i think a path for Voli would be nice to know. Usually i run wolves-wraiths-blue-golems-red if i have enough health, maybe port back right before blue just in case, unless i can get a leash on him first thing. I'm also having trouble knowing which abilities to level first, when I'm jungling vs laning
Jungle Path
Wolves > Blue > Wraiths > Red > Gank / Shop
You will always want to get a buff fast. at lower lvls i normally just start at the buff since you dont have the extra sustain from runes and mysteries. might try and start cloth armor + 5 hp pots

Abilities
I would max his bite first. It helps his jungle because of the big monsters and helps ganks for the extra damage.

TrueSkillz

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendridil View Post
True Skillz, got a question for you. How on earth does one handle Mundo's negative sustain early game? I am level 30, I run Movespeed Quints, Attack Speed Marks, Armor Seals, and Mr/lvl Glyphs, 0/21/9 masteries (improved flash, improved recall, movespeed, summoner cd, and buff duration in utility) but I have also tried 9/21/0. I want to jungle so bad, but I get demoralized cause the jungler I want to main (Mundo) kicks my butt early game. Even starting Machete +5 pots my health is too low when I get to level 4 to gank.

I would try a level 2 gank, but to be honest I am just getting into jungling (aside from watching and theorycrafting for several months) so I am not sure how comfortable I am with that risk. My route is Wraiths, Red, Wolves, Wraiths, Blue, Wolves. I start W, get E at level 2, E again at 3 (I hear W costs too much health for the first clear), Q at level 4, then my skill order is RWEQ. By the time I am done with my lvl 4 clear, I have maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of my health left and have to shop/heal. What do?
I would change your runes. Try and get these they work pretty well

Greater Quintessence of Armor x3
Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration x9
Greater Seal of Armor x9
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist x9

the early armor pen and magic pen should help out alot everything else your doing sounds good

Vendridil

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueSkillz View Post
I would change your runes. Try and get these they work pretty well

Greater Quintessence of Armor x3
Greater Mark of Hybrid Penetration x9
Greater Seal of Armor x9
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist x9

the early life steal / spell vamp should help out alot everything else your doing sounds good
Thanks! One question about this though, but I may be interpreting it incorrectly. Which of these runes is giving me life steal or spell vamp?

TrueSkillz

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendridil View Post
Thanks! One question about this though, but I may be interpreting it incorrectly. Which of these runes is giving me life steal or spell vamp?
well i suck at this whole helping apparently lol. complete mis read the runes. you will use magic / armor pen reds which will help you clear camps faster which = less damage. I dont main mundo but ill play around with him tonight since i have not played him in the new jungle. ill have to get back with you but if you run those runes should be fine.

Vendridil

02-07-2013

Haha, thanks True! Didn't mean to imply anything with my cheeky comment, just needed a little clarity, you have helped a lot of people in this thread (I read every page before posting to check) and I'm sure we all appreciate what you are doing!

TrueSkillz

02-07-2013

np sometime i dont pay attention before posting lol. but i dont have a problem admitting that i messed up or that im wrong.