How to deal with split pushing?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

01-14-2013

I've been stuck around 1500-1600 for awhile in season 2
in fact I've been stuck 1300-1500 this whole season so far

in my last run of climbing elo though I've been queuing with higher elo (1800-2000) friends of mine and for the first time in quite awhile, I've found myself in unknown territories as in I just didn't know how to deal with the situation I was faced with and now that I thought about it, it wasn't the first time, I guess it was just the first time I was facing that situation as a jungler.

They had Fiddle, Graves, Vi, Leona and Shaco.
We had Katarina, Ezreal, Darius, Lulu and I was Riven

Their Vi was outlaning our Darius pretty badly. We were able to keep the Shaco out of my jungle, but he ganked pretty often. Our Katarina was really good and kept us in the game for awhile, our botlane was doing alright considering they had been ganked a couple of times. I had fell behind only successfully gotten a ganks off or two and saved bot lane once of twice. A general consensus of mine was that Shaco was everywhere, while I wasn't.

To be honest it wasn't my finest game, I was a fish out of the water, always a step behind. We didn't do bad in actual engages, we were winning team fights, only to realize afterward that Shaco was pushing our third turrets etc

So here's my question to you better players than I, how are you suppose to deal with a heavy split pushing team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggochiggo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Your top lane needs to run teleport and be able to 1 v 1 their split pusher. It's really that simple, if their guy can split push and beat your guy who is defending you are going to lose because then you have to allocate 2 guys for their one and in any team fight you will be 3 v 4.