Mouse Required?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antipode2

01-14-2013

Ok, I'm trying to invite a friend of mine to the game so we can play together, but she asked me a question and as much searching as I've done, I can't seem to find an answer for her question...

"oh, an important thing, does it require a mouse? cause i don't have one"

I've always used a mouse, so I don't have an answer for her and all the "System Requirements" that I've found don't say anything about if a mouse is required or not... However, I've found stuff about gaming mouses not working, but that's not what I'm wondering about... :/ So can anybody help me give her an answer? If you can, I'd like a list of commands for all actions ^_^ The main ones that I'm concerned about (cuz' I haven't found the instructions) is movement...

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-14-2013

a mouse helps alot, but i am sure you can use a touch pad. i saw one streamer who had no arms from a disease he had. he was playing with voice commands and holding a pen with his mouth to direct the cursor. this pen was not touching anything either, he'd just wave it a certain direction to move the cursor.

one guy made a joke on his stream chat, that i thought was kind of funny. "so this is why i get so many bad players in ranked".

LiLesah

01-14-2013

I'm playing on my laptop (touchpad)... would probably be easier with a mouse but it can be done without.

AJStarhiker

01-14-2013

It's possible to play with a touch pad, but I wouldn't recommend it. The movements just aren't as precise and moving and targetting with autoattacks use right clicking, not left.

As for not having a mouse, you don't need a 'gaming' mouse to play. They're nice, but not essential. A cheap one would work fine for getting your friend introduced to the game.

OriginalJack

01-14-2013

I'm really curious about why she doesn't have a mouse... you can get a working one for under $10.

Antipode2

01-14-2013

I gave her the link to here, so we'll see what she says in reply ^_^

Jason411

01-14-2013

Tell her to buy a mouse.

BuckNasty8805

01-14-2013

I just started playing about 2 days ago and I play on an laptop. Though I Imagine playing on a mouse would be MUCH easier.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-14-2013

It 'can' be played with a track pad instead of a mouse, but... *shudder*

Yeah, just don't do it. If you have to buy a cheap mouse (I'm pretty sure there are ones that are ~$5 out there, you don't need anything fancy).

To the guy who said 'it's fine, I play without one': whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy?

AJStarhiker

01-14-2013

I was forced to use the track pad once when the battery in my mouse died. Fortunately, a friend of mine was willing to run to the store downstairs (we were in the college student union) and grab some fresh batteries. I could play because I had an autoattack champion, but it was awkward and my team really wasn't happy with my degraded game play.

I went back to using a corded mouse that doesn't need batteries.