Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mouse Required?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antipode2

01-14-2013

Ok, I'm trying to invite a friend of mine to the game so we can play together, but she asked me a question and as much searching as I've done, I can't seem to find an answer for her question...

"oh, an important thing, does it require a mouse? cause i don't have one"

I've always used a mouse, so I don't have an answer for her and all the "System Requirements" that I've found don't say anything about if a mouse is required or not... However, I've found stuff about gaming mouses not working, but that's not what I'm wondering about... :/ So can anybody help me give her an answer? If you can, I'd like a list of commands for all actions ^_^ The main ones that I'm concerned about (cuz' I haven't found the instructions) is movement...

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-14-2013

a mouse helps alot, but i am sure you can use a touch pad. i saw one streamer who had no arms from a disease he had. he was playing with voice commands and holding a pen with his mouth to direct the cursor. this pen was not touching anything either, he'd just wave it a certain direction to move the cursor.

one guy made a joke on his stream chat, that i thought was kind of funny. "so this is why i get so many bad players in ranked".

LiLesah

01-14-2013

I'm playing on my laptop (touchpad)... would probably be easier with a mouse but it can be done without.

AJStarhiker

01-14-2013

It's possible to play with a touch pad, but I wouldn't recommend it. The movements just aren't as precise and moving and targetting with autoattacks use right clicking, not left.

As for not having a mouse, you don't need a 'gaming' mouse to play. They're nice, but not essential. A cheap one would work fine for getting your friend introduced to the game.

OriginalJack

01-14-2013

I'm really curious about why she doesn't have a mouse... you can get a working one for under $10.

Antipode2

01-14-2013

I gave her the link to here, so we'll see what she says in reply ^_^

Jason411

01-14-2013

Tell her to buy a mouse.

BuckNasty8805

01-14-2013

I just started playing about 2 days ago and I play on an laptop. Though I Imagine playing on a mouse would be MUCH easier.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-14-2013

It 'can' be played with a track pad instead of a mouse, but... *shudder*

Yeah, just don't do it. If you have to buy a cheap mouse (I'm pretty sure there are ones that are ~$5 out there, you don't need anything fancy).

To the guy who said 'it's fine, I play without one': whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy?

AJStarhiker

01-14-2013

I was forced to use the track pad once when the battery in my mouse died. Fortunately, a friend of mine was willing to run to the store downstairs (we were in the college student union) and grab some fresh batteries. I could play because I had an autoattack champion, but it was awkward and my team really wasn't happy with my degraded game play.

I went back to using a corded mouse that doesn't need batteries.