Forced to leave game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pixel Perfect

01-14-2013

So i am new here to LoL, ( just started 2 days ago) and I was in a 3v3 game a minute ago and lost signal. My team was up something like9-1 kills and a turret. I was having the best game I have had yet myself (legendary status for the first time) and when I lost signal I could not re-connect due to the fact that I use a broadband connection, and could not exit the game screen to get back to my desktop to re connect my internet, thus forcingme to leave the game in order to re-connect. When I got logged back in I saw a message saying I had a warning level 1 for leaving games. What can be done about this as I would never leave a game win or lose, and especially not when I ma having the best game yet. I feel like I got the royal boot in the bum on this deal and am looking ofr some help. I tried to fins an option from the escape menu and i tried using the windows button on my keyboard ( which works with every other game i have ever played till now) and nothing let me get back to my desktop.

My IGN is: pixl perfct and I play on the NA server as Ryze.

Rooster DWSF

01-14-2013

Have you ever left a game at the character screen? Not sure but that could be an issue?
Have you ever lost signal to your broadband connection before this occurrence? This could be another issue
Have you EVER at any point quit a game?
Have you ever declined a match?

I ask these questions as these could be possible factors. As a Video Game Developer these are things I may have in place to avoid players rage quitting and making the team do bad. Or making the team start with only 4 people and what not. But really though I think you should be fine. I have never heard of anyone getting banned for internet issues. I am still new to the game I had the game for 3 months and played off and on but this past 2 weeks I have seriously been getting into the game. I have read a bunch of posts of players banned and waht not and I am very active on the forums asking questions and answering them and in general just learning about the game.

Pixel Perfect

01-14-2013

I have never done, nor had any of those things happen to me. This was maybe my 15th match to date.

AJStarhiker

01-14-2013

Level 1 is just a warning.

If you want an easy way to minimize the game without exiting the client, have a second program in the background (Even just a search folder should work) and alt-tab to get the desktop.

Anyway, dropping your leaver level just involves playing without leaving or going afk. There is some leeway built into the system, so as long as you don't have a habit of leaving or playing on an unstable connection, you won't get a ban from that system.

Pixel Perfect

01-14-2013

Sounds good, thanks for the tip and the information AJ.

AJStarhiker

01-14-2013

NP. And, for an easy way to check your connection without risking another leave on your account, open up a custom game and start a solo session. Custom games only pick up on leaves/afk's if a player reports it at the end of the game.

BTW: Also a good way to test out last hitting minions without any pressure on you.