Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

help, trapped in hell :c

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TopMasterAatrox

01-14-2013

okay, so im not the best player around nor do i think so, i got trapped in elo hell about 5ish months ago i believe, i was bad, i have a few friends around 1400-1700 elo that have been making me better, now i can play at par with them, heres the issue, im still in hell. so many trolls and people who just dont have common sense, so what do i do? ive carried many times, and still my team throws. ive managed to get from 500 elo to almost 800. but ive hit a brick wall. any tips?

Rm7000

01-14-2013

Throw in the towel man, create a new account. its called elo hell for a reason.......

jk

Try playing duo ranked with a high elo friend. If possible a 5 man team, and no matter what you do, don't play solo ranked untill you are back in the 1200s

adc

01-14-2013

Jungle Shaco with sunfire, treads, spirit visage, and BotRK. 67 CS in a 45 minute game.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't play at the level of a 1700~ player. You may be good enough to not feed horribly in their games, but that doesn't mean you're a 1700 player. A 1700 player at 800 Elo is going to utterly stomp - hell, I would be willing to bet I could get to at least 1-1.2k Elo fairly quickly given your account, and I'm not even 1.7k.

Work on your mechanics - know how to CS. Get wards. Have good map awareness. Know what your hero can and can't do (ie. Shaco - press his early game and build him for late game split pushing, not tanky bruiser). Get good at utterly stomping the face of the enemy in. Low Elo games really reward aggressiveness. A 2.5k Elo player would get stuck at 800 Elo if he just tried to play it safe like they do in high level games - make the other player a feeder, capitalize on the mistakes they make, and generally be better than them.

And don't forget; if you can't get past a "wall", you more than likely don't deserve to be above that Elo.

xMugix

01-14-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
Jungle Shaco with sunfire, treads, spirit visage, and BotRK. 67 CS in a 45 minute game.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't play at the level of a 1700~ player. You may be good enough to not feed horribly in their games, but that doesn't mean you're a 1700 player. A 1700 player at 800 Elo is going to utterly stomp - hell, I would be willing to bet I could get to at least 1-1.2k Elo fairly quickly given your account, and I'm not even 1.7k.

Work on your mechanics - know how to CS. Get wards. Have good map awareness. Know what your hero can and can't do (ie. Shaco - press his early game and build him for late game split pushing, not tanky bruiser). Get good at utterly stomping the face of the enemy in. Low Elo games really reward aggressiveness. A 2.5k Elo player would get stuck at 800 Elo if he just tried to play it safe like they do in high level games - make the other player a feeder, capitalize on the mistakes they make, and generally be better than them.

And don't forget; if you can't get past a "wall", you more than likely don't deserve to be above that Elo.

If I am not mistaken the LoLking statistics don't count jungle creep as cs. I'm unsure but if you check ranked stats it seperates minion kills and neutral minion kills and most of my mids have less farm on average then they seem to in game (taking wraith camp all the time allows you to average at least 200 cs a game but it dosen't show)

For your second paragraph I agree. Any 1700 elo player will destroy 800 elo so hard that they can 1 man carry a team if the other team is 800 elo as well. Also tank Shaco is viable some pro Shaco player favors a tanky bruiser like Shaco, forget his name but w/e.

My personal advice would be to spam one champion who is fairly strong and can play multiple position. For instance I tell a lot of people looking to gain elo to only play Khazix when not banned. Why? He can mid, top and jungle and can one man carry a team by making it an insta 4v5 in teamfights. Also if you just play one champion you'll learn them to the point where you can legitimately keep up with 1700 elo players. The elo hell concept dosen't exsist it's players who think they are better then they are. For instance when I was level 23 I played with my 1400 elo mates, I didn't feed and thought I did well but now I can hardly break 1.4k elo, sometimes I think I belong higher but in the end I don't. So in my opinion if you want to gain elo you should focus on improving your mechanics like AD bottom said and you should gain elo. Also spamming one champ ^^

TopMasterAatrox

01-14-2013

well my strong lane is top with any champ, mostly olaf, and adc varus. i always carry with them

Eazyezee

01-14-2013

Im 1500 and I think im trapped in hell. Every game I get a player with such low skill level I assume he just bought his account and has never touched league in his life. From 1250 to 1500, I noticed little to no difference in player skill in the games I've played. It's just a matter of luck to get with a team that doesn't feed.

Boagster

01-14-2013

@Eazyezee:
I will not argue whether or not that is the case, but you need to consider this: If you are a better player than other players at your Elo, then your team is guaranteed a good player. You cannot guarantee the other team that. If, for example, there is only one player in the game that is truly "bad", there is a 56% chance the other team will get them, since you aren't that player, meaning odds are in your favor that you'll have the better teams.

Also, take into consideration the fact that it's very early in the "season' (it's actually still pre-season). This means many people are still playing their first 10-30 games. Elo is meant to assess your skill over hundreds of games. The brackets will only really start to define themselves as more people start to get lots of games under their belts. Right now, most players' ratings are in flux, meaning better players can dip into lower skill brackets from a losing streak and that bad players can swing higher than they should be due to winning streaks.

Remember, Elo is a number that, by itself, means nothing. "1800 Elo" is a useless statistic without the context of where different percentiles lie. 1800 Elo was a completely different skill bracket in Season 1 compared to Season 2. It was even a different skill bracket at the beginning of Season 2 compared to the end of Season 2.

Eazyezee

01-14-2013

The other team can be higher skill level than the 4 other members on my team which most likely is the case

Boagster

01-14-2013

Math says no, Eazyezee. I didn't pull that '56% chance' out of nowhere. The odds only get better for you the more "bad players" (I use the term loosely) that are in a lobby. I could demonstrate the math for you if you'd like, but I woke up early and it's a bit late, so I don't feel like getting into it at the moment.

What I can tell you is that, based off your stats, you have a bit of trouble staying alive, particularly with champions that are typically support or jungle, though I can't tell what roles you use them in. Work on that, and you might see some improvement.

(On a side note: You are free to pull my stats up if you'd like, but I don't honestly believe that I'm an above average player. I do believe I have a better understanding of the game then many at the Elo I'm currently at, but I have decision making trouble during the heat of battle and mechanical issues I need to resolve. I do aim to raise my rating higher than it is, but I don't pretend to think I don't deserve to be where I'm at. That doesn't mean I can't give advice - I do quite a bit of research and discussion on the game and try to look at all my own plays objectively so I can improve myself. I try to avoid blaming other players except when it is glaringly obvious and graciously accept criticism, though I choose to assess it's value before heeding it.)