Getting blue screen of death

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wil Kil 4 Food

01-13-2013

I know this isn't League, Riot, or the Client's fault, since BlueScreenofDeath(BSoD) are typically a hardware problem, but maybe the specifics of this error will help you to help me fix this problem ;p.

When I click on any link on the client that opens a page on explorer/fiirefox/etc, I automatically get a blue screen of death.
(Note: I can click around the client as-normal, just not on links)

I've updated (or attempted to) through my Device Manager "Update Driver" and it says the devices are up to date (Graphics card, Processor, and Network Device).

Any help would be appreciated.

HxC2 STEP RANDY

Recruiter

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Kil 4 Food View Post
I know this isn't League, Riot, or the Client's fault, since BlueScreenofDeath(BSoD) are typically a hardware problem, but maybe the specifics of this error will help you to help me fix this problem ;p.

When I click on any link on the client that opens a page on explorer/fiirefox/etc, I automatically get a blue screen of death.
(Note: I can click around the client as-normal, just not on links)

I've updated (or attempted to) through my Device Manager "Update Driver" and it says the devices are up to date (Graphics card, Processor, and Network Device).

Any help would be appreciated.
try to do a reboot from a backup

Drakeil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HxC2 STEP RANDY View Post
try to do a reboot from a backup
I have, it apparently doesn't go back far enough ;(
But thanks for the suggestion.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-15-2013

If you're still having issues, please post your .DMP file from the bluescreen.

Drakeil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Oh goodie a wrenchmen!
I get a different crash-dump error sometimes, other times it's consistent. I took a pic of it on my phone, how would I locate the .DMP file?

Edit: I don't understand stop codes, I've google searched them and found various stop codes and what they meant with possible solutions, and mine looked like a hardware update problem, but I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right spot.

I typically get a crash dump like this:
0x0000001E (0xFFFFFFFC 0000005, 0xFFFFF8000309A117, 0x000000000000, x000000007EFA0000)

Edit: Oh, I've also gotten "IRQL_Not_Less_Equal" blue screen of death, which I've googled and it mentioned updating video adapters. Tried downloading Kernel Mode Driver Manager, and a bunch of other open-source programs to help fix driver problems, device problems, etc. Also ran a number of virus scans through Ad-aware, Trend Micro, and AVG (all 3 free versions). Still no luck.

Edit: Oh, was logged in as my smurf, oops? Well, Wil Kil 4 Food and Drakeil are both me!

Witness

01-15-2013

Ive gotten a blue screen today too. Happened when i tried launching LoL... Idk what happened between now and when i went to sleep last night but ive been getting a black screen where im supposed to login as well..

11b Lead the Way

01-15-2013

I have the exact same problem. Clicking links on clients for more games than League of Legends. Have submitted my dump files to numerous computer forums, quite stumped. Build is custom myself and relatively new. Rather confused.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-16-2013

Drake,

That first STOP code you listed is usually related to hard drive or BIOS errors (the software that controls your motherboard). The IRQL STOP code (x000000D1) is usually related to either RAM (memory) or page file (virtual memory) errors.

Since you're getting multiple stop codes, and they're somewhat related, my first guess would be that something is going wrong with your hard drive. Both of these error codes can be associated with other issues, but the primary cause for 1E is a low disk space crash and D1 can be related to page file which is virtual memory on your hard drive.

To start with here, check to see if you have enough space on your hard drive and then make sure you're completely up to date on your Windows Updates (especially service packs) and drivers. Try running a diagnostic on your RAM using something like Memtest86+. If you're still having trouble after that, I'd recommend trying a reformat of your computer and a complete reinstall of Windows, making sure you get your Windows Updates and Drivers again, and see if that clears it up.