Digi Contest WIP Entry - LeBlanc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

snoochipoochi

01-17-2013

that sounds great! I can't wait to see your work! ^-^

Aurnia

01-17-2013

Are you able to change the display settings so your monitor more accurately shows you what you're going to get?

As a suggestion I might make a copy and convert it to greyscale to check your values. I feel like your composition is hurt by the extreme difference between the foreground and background without anything to draw your eye back to LeBlanc. With almost the entire piece very dark and that small patch of near white in the central back, my eye goes immediately there and has a hard time leaving.

It's looking awesome. glgl

snoochipoochi

01-18-2013

Sorry for the late updates but its coming along. Crits welcome!

Thanks for the advice Aurnia on both fronts! I do agree with you on dark in the foreground and the background! I'll work on it a bit more!

as for a trick for all you peoples, a quick way that i solved my crazy color issues is to go

view > proof colors
proof setup > monitor RGB

though it does still lose some of its saturation and darks however Its close enough that It doesn't look too different.

goals for next update is to finish up the city, and statue. plus add a bit more into the foreground since the foreground looks incredibly weak right now.

hmm looking at the thumbnails. your right it looks really dark I'll add more contrast from the foreground to the mid ground to make it more consistent.

Thanks again for the look and have a good one!

Kino4500

01-18-2013

Looks pretty awesome so far!

P.S. Leblanc looks like she has abs. xD

Aurnia

01-18-2013

Just that bit of lightening you did helped a lot! I now don't keep staring at the back of the picture. It's looking very strong so I imagine you are going to just be polishing out little details and changes?

snoochipoochi

01-21-2013

Color update sorry for the late WIP kept got preoccupied getting owned in league.
I'm about 80% there but the 20% seems to be the hardest part critiques will be welcomed before I finish! Tell me what you guys think / should change! have a good one!

Thank you and take care

edit hmm the yellow seems to be muted lemme try to get something closer =)

snoochipoochi

01-21-2013

hmm strange first one is from Photoshop saved into a JPG format and the 2rd one was a screenshot of my monitor added into Photoshop and cropped... and looks more accurate... Seems like my monitor has some color gremlins.

snoochipoochi

01-21-2013

hmm should i add more hero's? y/n and who ? ^_^ image still feels a bit empty

Fanderey

01-21-2013

Looks great! I think the image technically has enough in it, and that you should work instead on drawing the eye to certain key spots so it feels fuller (if that makes sense). Maybe work with lighting and highlights to make certain spots pop, and try adding some more color to your shadows (they're quite grey). Also, it's a small thing, but maybe tone down Leblanc's abs a bit.

Overall though, I think you shouldn't enter the contest. You're hurting all our chances ^^

snoochipoochi

01-24-2013

Updated to improve composition still need a bit more tweaking. Almost there!