How To Get Out Of Elo Hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoudFootSteps

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
If you're 900 Elo and can't get to 1k, you probably deserve to be at 900. If I'm a 1500 player, I might achieve 1600 or even 1700 Elo on a really good day. I may also drop to 1400 or even 1300 on a really bad day. Being around 100 Elo, or even 200 Elo, off your actual Elo isn't entirely surprising.

Also, you seem to believe you're a 1k player with no actual proof of this. Lol.
The point wasn't about me. It was just in general. I also couldn't give a damn about my elo right now, because I have plenty of fun helping my lower level friends learning the game. Also, I shouldn't use myself as an example because I have not played enough games to actually judge my elo properly. If you really want proof of my elo, I have an 80% winrate as Fizz, and my only loss was when someone picked Ashe and then went afk, and our teammate couldn't support so we were forced into double adc bot. However, like I said, 4/5 games is not accurate at all.

Vrykonik

01-14-2013

Getting over 1000 ELO simply means you have to show your ability to win is about equal to 50% of the player base. If you are at 900'ish rating then you are probably in the bottom 45% of players at least in this current season of play. You state you're helping lower level friends learn the game. This is ok, but remember if you're playing with low level friends this should actually HELP you gain Elo as your team starts with a lower relative strength to the opposing team with any luck. This allows you to pick up more points on wins and lose less when you lose. In chess sometimes a person can go 1 out of 5 games with a win and gain rating points if their rating is super low compared to their opponents. Remember that Elo has already judged the relative weakness of your team and strength of opposing team into calculations.

Rillain

01-14-2013

Really, for me 1400 elo is my hell. Literally there are always trolls around 1470+. It's like there's a bunch of people who got boosted now falling and dragging me down with them. Oh well, patience is key.

LewdNest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

There is no such thing as elo hell in every elo and in every single league of legends game the game is always lost due to few/one person. That is the basic concept of a team baised game.