How To Get Out Of Elo Hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

khmerlegit

01-14-2013

Hahah guys this is funny but you haven't felt my pain yet i was 1851 with my elo one game away from my new high, This what happen tho i lost 20 games and won only 2 which i lost 160 elo -_-'

adc

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansejin View Post
So, if you still have trolls feeders and people who make mistakes, how does one's elo change? Seriously? If this were the case, then everyone would have a 50/50 chance of winning or losing and elos would all be static. I really, really want to see a full documented feature on exactly how a SOLO player climbs out of 700-800 elo. Game by game, recording by recording, comment by comment.

I think it's a myth, I think that myth gets ad hits, and I think it makes higher elo players feel good about themselves, but it's still a myth in the end.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post30451627

There's me going from 1270-1470.

Toss me an 800 Elo account and I'll try it out. There was a guy that did 0 Elo to 1350 Elo, 67-7 W/L.

LoudFootSteps

01-14-2013

Quote:
So, if you still have trolls feeders and people who make mistakes, how does one's elo change? Seriously? If this were the case, then everyone would have a 50/50 chance of winning or losing and elos would all be static. I really, really want to see a full documented feature on exactly how a SOLO player climbs out of 700-800 elo. Game by game, recording by recording, comment by comment.

I think it's a myth, I think that myth gets ad hits, and I think it makes higher elo players feel good about themselves, but it's still a myth in the end.
Every match I lose in elo hell, the enemies are all pretty much as bad as the rest of my team. But since I end up winning my lane phase most of the time, my team gets so cocky that they throw the game. Not sure how I can just not win my lane phase because that itself could cost us the game.

Sansejin

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrykonik View Post
Lets look at your match history that I can see:

Akali 9/9/5 - average player in this game
shaco 4/3/3 - average player + 1 kill doesn't carry your team
zed 5/6/5 - -1 isn't terrible but not helping your team
Zed 13/12/10 - impressive kill count but your deaths negate the good you did
Varus 8/9/4 - Hurt your team here, ADC has to remain positive to win
Zed 9/10/7 - negative 1 again nothing special
Nocturne - 2/4/0 - any time you play a game with a damage dealer or bruiser and get only 2 kills you are hurting your team
Orianna - 10/8/11 - respectable but again not carrying the team because you put yourself in danger and die a lot
Zed - 18/9/12 - This game is not your fault for losing I can say. But this is the only game so far that you didn't play some part.
Orianna 5/3/12. Respectable and you won.

Overall I'd say you're slightly below average compared to the opponents you've been playing. You're negative in more games than your positive and that means you aren't winning the laning phase by enough to carry yourself up the ELO ladder. So I'd say that problem might be partly due to your team, but surely you are contributing to these losses as well.

I'd suggest looking at your own play during laning phase and learn how to stay alive better. Things like wards, more pots, better cs, zoning, positioning. While you seem effective most games at getting killed, you seem to be slightly more effective at getting yourself killed. When that happens your rating is unlikely to go up. Oh yea, and you can't blame feeders for your KDA ratios. If you're good enough to carry your team you should be having good stat lines even in losses.
No, no, no. Looking at k/d/ for one player means nothing. Period. I'm tired of this. It's a mild indicator of skill that can be skewed by differences in play style, lack of teamwork and just plain kill ***** playing. It's possible, in fact to set up a kill and not get an assist for it, it's possible to get a kill without being present in the fight at all, but jumping in at the last second and doing 1pt of damage. It's possible to get killed repeatedly because your team, who should be helping, is running, repeatedly.

I Love Slurpees

01-14-2013

Best way to get out of Elo Hell is to play control junglers, like shyv lee or mundo

Sansejin

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post30451627

There's me going from 1270-1470.

Toss me an 800 Elo account and I'll try it out. There was a guy that did 0 Elo to 1350 Elo, 67-7 W/L.
Where? I wanna see it. 1270 to 1470 is not the same. I'm sorry.

Sansejin

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Slurpees View Post
Best way to get out of Elo Hell is to play control junglers, like shyv lee or mundo
And if I have no desire to change who I main, then I am stuck in elo hell. Makes sense, EVERYONE PLAY THESE THREE of the 109 champions available. Oh wait, there are 10 people between the two teams, who do the other 7 play? Not to mention, pick number one, quotes the summoners code and picks whatever he wants regardless of what the team has called anyway.

adc

I Love Slurpees

01-14-2013

Quote:
And if I have no desire to change who I main, then I am stuck in elo hell. Makes sense, EVERYONE PLAY THESE THREE of the 109 champions available. Oh wait, there are 10 people between the two teams, who do the other 7 play? Not to mention, pick number one, quotes the summoners code and picks whatever he wants regardless of what the team has called anyway.
I only say play control junglers because the best way to win a game is to ruin the other teams jungler/high lane presence. Feel free to play who you want. You asked a question and I gave an answer. Also role calling is counter-productive. Say what your strengths are, don't demand a role.

futuresight23

01-14-2013

Quote:
No, no, no. Looking at k/d/ for one player means nothing. Period. I'm tired of this. It's a mild indicator of skill that can be skewed by differences in play style, lack of teamwork and just plain kill ***** playing. It's possible, in fact to set up a kill and not get an assist for it, it's possible to get a kill without being present in the fight at all, but jumping in at the last second and doing 1pt of damage. It's possible to get killed repeatedly because your team, who should be helping, is running, repeatedly.
Kill to Death ratio is the measure that a lot of people that make these damn Elo hell threads use to show that they shouldn't be at X elo and that they should be at Y elo. So naturally that ratio will eventually show up in the thread.

Though in essence I do agree with you. You can have a good K to D ratio without really having an impact on the match. Sure going 6 and 0 in lane helps, but the goal of the game is to push and destroy objectives.