How To Get Out Of Elo Hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VG Bustamoov

01-14-2013

You're forgetting the fact that when the other lanes feed, you get ganked by these fed enemies. This sets you behind - whether they kill you or force you from lane. It never fails that when a single lane feeds, that enemy comes at me - usually because I'm so far ahead of my enemy laner in cs, kills or both. Genarally, they won;t kill me, but they can force me off of cs, or keep me in passive mode long enough for the feeder to feed them more. Then it's a lost cause...GG.

LogicalTautology

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamSammich View Post
You're forgetting the fact that when the other lanes feed, you get ganked by these fed enemies. This sets you behind - whether they kill you or force you from lane. It never fails that when a single lane feeds, that enemy comes at me - usually because I'm so far ahead of my enemy laner in cs, kills or both. Genarally, they won;t kill me, but they can force me off of cs, or keep me in passive mode long enough for the feeder to feed them more. Then it's a lost cause...GG.
If you are "so far ahead of [your] enemy in cs, kills, or both", why are you the one getting ganked by your fed opponents? Why aren't you the one ganking them?

Kaiben

01-14-2013

There is no ELO hell.

That being said, having a positive KDR doesn't make you a good player. It means that you got more last hits than others. This game is about destroying the nexus, and until people realize that, they will keep losing. I myself am in "ELO hell", but I recently realized that its not the teams that's a problem, its the player. You are in the ELO you belong in because that's how statistics work. Its statistically impossible for the other team to "never have trolls" and for you to always have them. Have you ever noticed that when you win, the other team ALWAYS says that they lost because of one or two specific players? People can't accept the fact that they are losing the number of games they are losing because they are playing wrong. They chase for kills, they flame their team mates, they settle for 1 for 1 exchanges just to get a kill. The best way to win games? Coach people. Some games, yes, you'll have those who tell you to shove off, but mostly, as long as you don't flame, people will take your advice and buy wards, stick together, go for dragon, wait in a brush, stop going out alone, etc.

Statistically, after large numbers of games, you are where you belong. You get "trolls" as often as the other team does. Nothing changes in higher ELO. You still have feeders, trolls, and players who make mistakes. Get used to it. It'll never change.

MidnightMC

01-14-2013

Everybody just have a good time don't care you if you lose just have fun!!

uAir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamSammich View Post
One player cannot carry a team of feeders, stupids, or trolls. Don't care WHO you are.
Chances are, however many baddies you get on your team there are just as many baddies on the enemy team. If you REALLY are better than everyone else at your elo level then it means you are that 1/5 on your team that will not feed and as you play you will be the 1/5 that makes the difference in whether you win or not.

Say 2/5 of your team are baddies, it means 2/5 on the enemy team are baddies also. But it means 1/5 on your team is you, the supposedly better player. So if you are indeed good enough to be the difference that influences the path of the game you will be able to influence enough games to eventually rise in elo.

If you are still stick in the same elo after hundreds of games then it basically means you belong there until you get better at the game.

The game isn't always going to put all bad players on your team except for you and all good players on the enemy team. The game doesn't have a search pattern to find all subjectively good players and place them on the team against you. Especially since everyone is claiming this. The game doesn't find all bad players and line them up for all of you whining about elo hell. It just throws players of similar elo rating into a game. If you are really better than that elo level you will rise in elo after x amount of games.

Cr4sh

01-14-2013

Looks like the poster that put in a link meant championselect.NET, not .com.

Vrykonik

01-14-2013

Lets look at your match history that I can see:

Akali 9/9/5 - average player in this game
shaco 4/3/3 - average player + 1 kill doesn't carry your team
zed 5/6/5 - -1 isn't terrible but not helping your team
Zed 13/12/10 - impressive kill count but your deaths negate the good you did
Varus 8/9/4 - Hurt your team here, ADC has to remain positive to win
Zed 9/10/7 - negative 1 again nothing special
Nocturne - 2/4/0 - any time you play a game with a damage dealer or bruiser and get only 2 kills you are hurting your team
Orianna - 10/8/11 - respectable but again not carrying the team because you put yourself in danger and die a lot
Zed - 18/9/12 - This game is not your fault for losing I can say. But this is the only game so far that you didn't play some part.
Orianna 5/3/12. Respectable and you won.

Overall I'd say you're slightly below average compared to the opponents you've been playing. You're negative in more games than your positive and that means you aren't winning the laning phase by enough to carry yourself up the ELO ladder. So I'd say that problem might be partly due to your team, but surely you are contributing to these losses as well.

I'd suggest looking at your own play during laning phase and learn how to stay alive better. Things like wards, more pots, better cs, zoning, positioning. While you seem effective most games at getting killed, you seem to be slightly more effective at getting yourself killed. When that happens your rating is unlikely to go up. Oh yea, and you can't blame feeders for your KDA ratios. If you're good enough to carry your team you should be having good stat lines even in losses.

CoffeeGhost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

No such thing as elo hell trust me I lost every single one of my placement matches due to trolls and was down in 1080s and now I'm 1550. Yes everyone has lost a match due to another player but that is EVERY elo and EVERY GAME. Thats what you call a team game if you dont like the concept of losing/winning due to other players maybe you should stick to skyrim?

Mothalius

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronosaur View Post
I'm sick of losing even though I consistently get the best k/d ratio in the team. how am i supposed to build up my elo when this keeps on happening? or is it impossible and will i forever be in elo hell?
Pretty well impossible with that attitude. Why are you comparing personal score in a team game? I've known plenty of "carries" that are super fed, but have zero teamwork skills and they're the ones that cost you the game. What you should be saying instead of "How come I lose if I have the best KDR??!!!?!?!?" is "If my KDR is SODAMNGOOD how can I use that to benefit the team?"

****ing kid. If you want lone wolf tactics go play cod. And even there, stick to TDM, cause I hated getting idiots like you who'd queue up for Domination or CTF and sit back, camp an area and farm then when you lose you go, "Well my KDR is best so ur all bad."

I'm tired of this ****.

Sansejin

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiben View Post
There is no ELO hell.
Statistically, after large numbers of games, you are where you belong. You get "trolls" as often as the other team does. Nothing changes in higher ELO. You still have feeders, trolls, and players who make mistakes. Get used to it. It'll never change.
So, if you still have trolls feeders and people who make mistakes, how does one's elo change? Seriously? If this were the case, then everyone would have a 50/50 chance of winning or losing and elos would all be static. I really, really want to see a full documented feature on exactly how a SOLO player climbs out of 700-800 elo. Game by game, recording by recording, comment by comment.

I think it's a myth, I think that myth gets ad hits, and I think it makes higher elo players feel good about themselves, but it's still a myth in the end.