Lv 20, and I'm a ganking disaster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axoncrazy

01-13-2013

I've recently started playing Lee Sin jungle, and I could clear the jungle easily. However, whenever I try to gank I wind up getting nothing but assists. Is there any advice from the ganking pros out there on when I should initiate and what items should I have to do it? Thanks in advance!

chaser676

01-13-2013

As a jungler, specifically Lee Sin, you should be giving the kills to your laners. Laning champions have access to a much higher pool of income than jungler, consolidating gold for them is optimal. Remember- you don't have to be a carry to carry your team.

Tucking Sits

01-13-2013

Don't ever gank unless you can sneak up without being seen, or unless they are too extended to make it back to their tower anyways. I have seen many potential ganks fail before they even begin because my jungler or the enemy jungler would run up into a warded bush without even waiting for me or my opponent to over commit.

At the same time, you should also wait until your ally is able to help you take down your opponent, ideally without any of you dying. This is also a common mistake people make, and part of it comes from a lack of communication. Try targeting your allies opponent so he knows you are going in. You don't want to rush in without your ally knowing or being able to help you. It is very easy to get killed this way and feed your allies opposing laner.

Always keep an eye out for the enemy jungler. It is easy for the enemy jungler to counter gank as soon as you initiate, instantly turning your 2v1 into a 2v2 and getting you and your ally killed. Also try to give the kill to your teammate. They can more use the gold more than you. Do NOT, however, give up a kill in an attempt to give it to your teammate, or get your teammate killed because you thought he could finish your opponent. It is MUCH better to just secure the kill if your opponent stands a strong chance of either walking away from the gank, or taking either you or your teammate with him to the grave.

Axoncrazy

01-13-2013

But what happens in late game? Does the gold from killing monsters add up to be enough for a desirable build?

chaser676

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axoncrazy View Post
But what happens in late game? Does the gold from killing monsters add up to be enough for a desirable build?
Jungle creeps have low value for the first ten minutes of the game, but sharply increase afterwards. Assists give gold as well.

Remember- you win games by feeding your carries. Lee sin with a full build is not nearly as strong as a full build mage or ad carry

Rooster DWSF

01-14-2013

I don't necessarily know if that is accurate feeding kills to carries I know I am level 12 right now but at level 30 does it really make a difference? I have played matches where the other team outnumbered my team 3:1 and we still came back and won the game. Keep in mind their carry had most of the kills I'm just asking is this because I am low level and that at level 30 summoners have max masteries? Let me know

chaser676

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster Is Bad View Post
I don't necessarily know if that is accurate feeding kills to carries I know I am level 12 right now but at level 30 does it really make a difference? I have played matches where the other team outnumbered my team 3:1 and we still came back and won the game. Keep in mind their carry had most of the kills I'm just asking is this because I am low level and that at level 30 summoners have max masteries? Let me know
Level 30 matches literally arent even close to being the same as sub 30 games. It's a skill and time thing.

Rooster DWSF

01-14-2013

I would consider level 30 games more of a strategy and teamwork thing more than any other thing. Unless you put those 2 things into skill and time. I mean teamwork is what wins games. And at level 30 matches everyone is level 30 and has all masteries and runes and skills and whatnot available to them everyone is pretty much equal what determines a win is where those stats are put and how the team coordinates with each other wins the game. Now when you say skill are you talking about team skill or individual skill? And timing are you talking about timing of strategies? If so I totally agree with you. Please elaborate on what you mean so I have a better understanding if this post doesn't sum it up. Because I am having a hard time understanding how 1 person ie the carry can do so much and have so much kills win a match. I just don't follow I thought this was team efforts? Am I wrong do matches at 30 really come down to whether the carry has high kills or not?

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Alright - basic gank theory in a nutshell.

1. When the lane is pushed towards your tower, so that the opponent has farther to run.
2. When both you and your laner have better than half HP, or it'll just end in a trade and that's not fun.
3. When either of you has sufficient CC to hold them down for a kill, if CC is necessary.
4. Ideally, the one with the more guaranteed CC initiates the fight. Preferably by baiting, but straight up committing works too. Ryze always opens the gank for his jungler, because lol targeted snare. Morgana opens for a low CC jungler such as Shyvana, but with a Maokai she'll normally let him open the gank because it's a lot easier to guarantee Q on a non-moving target.

For Lee Sin, try this: shield to a minion near them, hit E twice, watch the fight unfold, plus you still have your Q to hit them with and it's always easier to hit a fleeing enemy than a random-walking one.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

I am an experienced jungler and lee sin is one of my mains. I have a 62% win chance with him.

@chaser676
unless you are playing in a premade team this does not apply, and with the new S3 jungle you can actually carry from the jungle.In Rooster Is Bad situation if all your gold is on one champs just focus that champ and you win.

@Da3daalus
that is not always true. If you are able to push someone out of lane back to base that is a successful gank. since your lane can now free farm. if you do this help the lane push minions into tower since they will lose that gold/xp. It even worth it to make them use their summoner skills. Which means that you have several minutes to gank again and they dont have any escape now.

@Kirielis
Good information to help them out. +1

P.S. if you have any questions feel free to add me in game.

Thanks,
TrueSkillz