ELO hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imstillnoob

01-13-2013

To be honest, I don't think ELO hell even exists, but im sure as hell (pun intended) in it. Theoretically, theres going to be as many games with afkers/trolls/"noobs" on your team as there will be games with them on the enemy team. But I just can't deal with this anymore. I'm around 1100 ELO, and my 1600 friends say I'm way better than my ELO, but they both quit LoL so I'm left on my own to deal with it. I do pretty well in games, but my teammates have the constant trend of ganking/counter jungling/tower diving with almost no hp, and feed the person im laning against. No matter what role I go, I can't even do well myself because even though i may be 0/0/0 with twice as much cs as the person im against, hes already 5/0. If I could have tips and/or someone wants to duo queue with me, it would be very much appreciated. Inb4theyf33d.

futuresight23

01-13-2013

My guess is to keep working at improving your play and mechanics. Even if your teammates are feeding, there has to be something you could do to improve your chances of winning any given game.

In before the Elo hell argument starts again.

EvanIfy

01-13-2013

The best way to get outta elo hell is to play in a 5 man team. But if you don't have the friends for that, try playing a role that can turn games around, or can snowball hard.
Top lane can snowball really hard, and junglers can give help to every lane. Supports can help get the adc fed, which is what you want.

VG Bustamoov

01-14-2013

ELO Hell exists, and it is damn near inescapable. For anyone who says 'Learn to play better' or 'help your team', or 'it's mathematically incorrect that you get more trolls than 50%' is totally full of bullarcky! I've run games where I've gone as high as 27/0 and still lost. ONE PLAYER cannot carry a game - I don't care who you are. I've had 4 games IN A ROW with complete feeders. I had a streak of 5 games with at least 1 AFKer. I've had up to 3 AFKers in ONE GAME!! Most times, it just someone who says 'Mid or feed' in champ select, then proceeds to go 0/15+ and complains the whole time that no one helped him when he never placed a ward and never followed his enemy out of lane to assist. When I watch the games in the spectator mode window, I don't see this often at all. Maybe 1 in 100 games is a feeder, or troll or AFKer. I challenge anyone who beleives they are rated 2k+ to play ONE game with an account in my elo range and see for yourself. go ahead and take that champion to 7000000000000/0 and you will still lose, unless you actually get a game where the team seems to be decent.

Hoisengerd

01-14-2013

20% skill, 80% luck
welcome to the League

Boagster

01-14-2013

Hoisengerd: I can understand that argument, but here's the counter argument: If you are better than the other players at your Elo, then the quality of the other team is 100% reliant on luck. The odds are in your favor. If you aren't better than the other players at your Elo, then you deserve to be at that Elo.

Also, not that you said this, but I feel it's related and important: KDA ≠ Skill. A good KDA has the potential to be indicative of skill, but the game is about taking out the enemy Nexus, not getting kills. If you are trying so hard for a good KDA that you ignore the main objective of the game, then you aren't a well-skilled player, you are just skilled at maintaining a good KDA.

On the the original topic:
What futuresight23 and Evanlfy said are pretty good summaries of what needs to be done by most players at low Elo to raise their rating. Mechanics are huge - make sure you are able to critically assess your own plays and point out your own flaws. While yes, you will have teammates that ruin games for you, you are the only constant factor in all your games, so you need to make sure you are playing the best possible game you can every time. Consistency is key.

On that note, if you are having a bad day before you sit down to play League, you might not want to start a game of Ranked. If you are getting frustrated over bad teammates and feel like raging at the game, you might not want to start a (another) game of Ranked. If you know your sibling / parent / significant other are going to be around to irritate you while you are playing, you might not want to start a game of Ranked. These are all non-game factors that are going to distract you from performing well and, thus, should be avoided if you are trying to raise your Elo.

(PS: It's Elo, not ELO. It's the last name of the person who invented the system, not an abbreviation.)

adc

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoisengerd View Post
20% skill, 80% luck
welcome to the League
I think you mean fear.