Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

question about ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cupricpower

01-13-2013

Hi, I recently started doing solo que ranked games and have a few questions about it. I understand that for the most part every champion has its positives and negatives, but it seems like in ranked often times people will get angry or upset if the other team has a certain champion. For example, in one game today the other team picked Maplhite and my teammates immediately said “gg, they have maplh.” I have heard the same thing said about Ammumu and several other champions. So basically my quest is,

TL;DR= Are there certain champions that are better than others? And if so, what champions are these so I may learn how to play them? Could someone please assemble a list of the top 3 “best” champions for each lane so I may begin to learn them? Thanks very much!

MadeByEdam

01-13-2013

there no better champion but certain are better in teamfight like amumu, alistar, malphite, katarina, wukong, sona, leona, ziggs, pantheon etc... high dmg or stun AOE) or a counterpick like shaco, darius, blitzcrank,kassadin, leblanc, caitlyn etc.. and there champ can carry ur team to win

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-13-2013

Amumu and Malphite are two of the champions that are picked or banned in an extraordinarily high percentage of games right now. Amumu is actually being nerfed, but will still be a solid jungle option.

The thing is though, they're not always exactly free wins. Some of these champions that are on this permaban mode (like Shen) don't really deserve to be there. Shen is kind of a champion that, okay, yea, he can work out in high level play where everyone knows what they're doing, but at the same time, Shen is extraordinarily easily countered.

cupricpower

01-13-2013

okay, thanks guys!