Ninja Tabi wreck my day

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dux Hominum

02-18-2013

As a dedicated Tryndamere player, I'm always crestfallen when I see somebody build Ninja Tabi. Even on a champ with 10 base armor, that item alone brings me down to 64% damage.

I know I should just be building armor pen, but moving into late game, the ten percent damage reduction is... well, a full ten percent of my damage down the drain. Add thornmail's before-reduction damage return, and I basically have to ult to stay alive every time I'm fighting this guy.

P1lgr1m

02-18-2013

"I play one champ and people WISELY counterbuild me. riot pls. i should be able to do only one strategy ever and it always work."

ExcitableOyster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Then you feed off other champs who aren't countering you, gank them. Farm passively, don't go for kills. WIth the recent change to Avarice Blade I'm actually using it more and it helps to ensure a good game for you as Tryndamere even if you are countered.

And even when you're hard countered and you can't gank other people, it is COMPLETELY possible to just farm under tower. In fact, Trynd is great at it with his high damage and last hitting. Your opponent will farm too of course, but at least they aren't getting kills on you and getting more fed than they would have.

Having played against a Malphite top lane as Tryndamere, which is the worst champ you could face, I lost lane ultimately. But Malphite only got one kill on me. Because I farmed and had a tower down (giving me more room to roam), I was able to gank to lead the rest of my team to victory. Malphite was really fed, but he was the only one on their team who was, thanks to me assisting my team.

You gotta learn to counter your counters.

Dux Hominum

02-18-2013

@Pwny

Why do people immediately assume I'm just a whiny little ***** with no variable skillset?

Firstly, I play more than Tryn. I play every role (well, I'm a little weak in terms of ADC skill)

Second, I jungle Tryn, and so I can't just avoid people, 'cause then whoever's laning against the offender gets mad at me for not ganking.

Do I really have to specify that I'm looking for suggestions, ideas, and tips that I might not know, instead of some self-righteous prat assuming I'm demanding a nerf and going all "**** superior" on me?

(also, thank you oyster, for at least trying to help)

Ballzofire

02-18-2013

Your best bet is to not play trynd. He is bad. Very bad. Why would u wanna play an adc thats melee.. Also jungle trynd is more about farming not ganking. He needs items to do damage. By all means if there is a gank bot and ur near. Dont be afraid to countergank, but you should be focusing on farm.

Now on to your question. People build thornmail? They shouldnt be really. Its probably the worst item in the game atm. Everything else outshines it tenfold. The ninja tabi is gonna reduce ur damage. There is really nothing you can do to stop it. I mean thats why it is there. Just do your best to get some armor pen, and pick smart engages.