question about queue dodging

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paintolar

01-13-2013

So, ive only played a handfull of pvp matches, and was about to start another when my wife put our crying baby down(we had twins 3 weeks ago) and left the room saying she needed a break.

Well, i was in the champ select screen... Ive never had to dodge, and dont know how. So instead of making my team have an afk, i just shut lol down and turned off my laptop.

My question is... By doing this did i dodge, and avoid ruining my teams game. Or did they get screwed anyway?

Also, how does someone dodge?

Thanks,

Paintolar

Jason411

01-13-2013

If you leave during the champion selection everyone else goes back to matchmaking.

In Dota2 you get put in prioritized queue. Not sure if that's the case in League of Legends though.

As far as dodging goes. I'm not entirely sure what that is. But try to avoid leaving as much as you can. It's very frustrating to be searching for a game and having someone constantly deny or leave during champion selection.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-13-2013

Dodging is exactly what you did. Closing the client during champion selection means that the game does not start, the other players re-enter the queue automatically, and you don't get any kind of leaver penalty other than a 5 minute wait (longer for dodging a ranked game). It is a much kinder thing to do to your team than disconnecting after champion select ends.

paintolar

01-13-2013

Good... I was hoping i didnt screw em all over with a 4v5

This is the 1st time ive ever had to leave a game, so i wasnt sure i did it properly...

Thanks for the replies,

Paintolar