Is Talon any good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dashinize

01-13-2013

For the team that is, as a champion in general I just love this moveset and his playstyle, but I've been losing a lot of games with him.

I've played about a total of 11 ish games with him in my life, not much but he was recently bought.

According to lolking, for the past 7 days I played 7 of the 11 games, and I averages out with:
14.7 Kills / game
7.3 Deaths / game
11 Assists / game

Decent scores? Could have had lower deaths yea... I could fix that part.
However... Out of the 11 games I've played, i only won one game. That was also a game where the enemy team had an afk.

I don't get it, I do my job for the most part. I shut down mid lane the best i can, if i can't I try to shut down bot lane once i pick up boots of mobility and ult. During team fights i poke with my W until someone initiates, and when it happens i insta kill the enemy adc or mid, or at least get them down so low that someone else can pick them up really quickly.

Sometimes i live though after killing, and i realize my potential in the fight is pretty... useless afterwords. So i just jab at the squishiest enemy near me until I die (usually killing the enemy mid/adc is kinda of a global taunt, so i die pretty quickly afterwords anyways)

So ya, I've done my job, I use that to my advantage, I push when i can since my Q can take down towers fast, and I target the highest damage output-er during team fights... But we still lose.

For the fact that after one combo he's not that useful... Is Talon not too viable anymore?

Fate000

01-13-2013

Talon is similar to LeBlanc. Basically you're guaranteed (almost) to win your lane, but unless you can press that advantage hard you're going to lose. Gank the other lanes a lot - not only will you get more kills but their entire team will be behind (by a lot I mean all the time).

Shottymaster

01-13-2013

As a high-burst assassin, your job in game is as follows:

1. Win your lane
2. Gank other lanes and snowball them favorably
3. Pick off anyone caught wandering alone
4. Dive the enemy ADC/APC immediately after the team fight is initiated, kill them, and get out alive

Once you offload your full combo, you have roughly zero damage until your cooldowns are up, but fortunately, if you chose the right target, they should be dead or very close. Removing the enemy's primary damage source from a late team fight can win you the game.

Hiryuu16

01-14-2013

As Shotty said, get in, kill a damage dealer, get out. Don't worry about sticking around for the whole fight -- that's the job for ADC and Solo top. If you picked your target well (enemy ADC or APC), you will tilt the fight in your team's favor. Plus, you may split the enemy between chasing you and fighting the rest of your team, further breaking their ranks.

OriginalJack

01-14-2013

Talon is a good champ but one thing I've noticed... he sometimes hurts his team the same way Darius does by taking all the kills for himself. This can sometime lead to him being super fed and his team (most importantly his adc) underfed so when he jumps in bursts down the adc and then gets killed himself he team won't always have enough dmg to finish off the enemy team and they end up doing a lot of 5 for 3 or 5 for 4 trades and eventually it does them in.

I know there's not really such a thing as kill stealing only kill securing but with talon you can still do you job just fine if you've got 7 kills and your carry has 3 as opposed to you having 10 and your carry having none. Just something to think about...

kratosine

10-31-2013

I think talon is pretty good, but he is a very "in your face" burst assassin, though if played well, is very helpful in fights. I myself, have played talon for a while, and my KDR is usually around 1.5-2, with plenty of kills from his burst, and some deaths, from his extremely small arsenal of escape tools, other than flash. So.. yes, I do think he is good, but is not infinitely "godlike," and can die pretty quickly in teamfights if you are focused AT ALL.