Help on the new Ranked system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

simpsons2fan

02-01-2013

Okay, First post so don't get too mad at me if I posted it wrong or it already exists (I looked but I'm still confused)

I mainly have two questions.
1. How are league points distributed? After winning 4/5 games, I only received 22 league points where as someone else in my division has only won 3 and has 66? Also, I lost all of my league points when i had 30 LP (i think)

TLDR: Why is it that I lose so many league points and gain so little when my win/loss is 4:5?

2. How does one advance into another division? I'm in the first division of the silver league, and it says I need to win 100 LP and win three games in a row out of five? What does that mean, AFTER I gain the LP or at any point in time?

Idk how I'll ever advance when i barely get any LP and lose so much when i lose a game...

Again, sorry for benig a noob

Capt Poro Snax

02-01-2013

Its preaty much all in here, as far as what we have been told thus far. http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...ng-soon-ranked

Ramachese

02-01-2013

From a Riot post I saw earlier it looks like they are looking into the points (especially on loss) to see if something weird is happening. Odds are if there is everyone will get some appropriate adjustment.

You advance from one division to the next by first getting 100 LP then winning 2 out of 3 placement games. If you are Division 1 in you League then you must win 3 out of 5 games (note not 3 in a row) to jump to the next higher league.

You can drop in division but you cannot drop in league. Once you gain a league you will always be in tthat league.