Please Make KB Gold Bonuses Teamwide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bensam123

01-23-2013

Ah, but it limits how fast and how overpowered she can become. So even if she's 'assured' late game items, the other team or other players on the same team are also assured items. It balances things out in a chaotic system.

I really don't think hyper carries are as big of a deal as you're making out either, they become a big deal when they get fed tons of gold. The two changes I mentioned in this thread would completely negate that. They'd be AD carries, most definitely, but wouldn't reach the level of unstoppableness we've seen in ARAM. Look at the gold of a hypercarry next time you see one in ARAM.

Aram is all about the chaos. It's entirely possible to still be skilled even if you can't lane, I'd argue sometimes more so as you have to work with what you have rather then trying to ***** up gold and get an item advantage. Keep in mind you're the only one saying I'm suggesting removing skill. Making minion kill gold team wide would be no more sacrilege then what ARAM already is.

You really are arguing SR gameplay in ARAM, which I think is silly and isn't the point of ARAM at all. That's why I said the whole notion of laning in ARAM should be nipped off before players start making strategies around it that take away from ARAM.

With the LoL community being the way it is, I'd be careful how much you'd wage on people not whoring things up as much as possible to win.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zielmann

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensam123 View Post
Ah, but it limits how fast and how overpowered she can become. So even if she's 'assured' late game items, the other team or other players on the same team are also assured items. It balances things out in a chaotic system.

I really don't think hyper carries are as big of a deal as you're making out either, they become a big deal when they get fed tons of gold. The two changes I mentioned in this thread would completely negate that. They'd be AD carries, most definitely, but wouldn't reach the level of unstoppableness we've seen in ARAM. Look at the gold of a hypercarry next time you see one in ARAM.

Aram is all about the chaos. It's entirely possible to still be skilled even if you can't lane, I'd argue sometimes more so as you have to work with what you have rather then trying to ***** up gold and get an item advantage. Keep in mind you're the only one saying I'm suggesting removing skill. Making minion kill gold team wide would be no more sacrilege then what ARAM already is.

You really are arguing SR gameplay in ARAM, which I think is silly and isn't the point of ARAM at all. That's why I said the whole notion of laning in ARAM should be nipped off before players start making strategies around it that take away from ARAM.

With the LoL community being the way it is, I'd be careful how much you'd wage on people not whoring things up as much as possible to win.
That's just the thing, though. These sorts of hypercarries generally scale indefinitely, or nearly so. Vayne has %HP true damage. Veigar literally does scale indefinitely, doubled by the fact that he scales off the items the other team's mages have. You're trying to ensure that the hypercarries reach this stage at predetermined time in the game, and saying that it's okay for the other team to have zero counterplay for it. It literally puts a timer on the team without the hypercarry: either win before the hypercarry reaches their now set tipping point, or lose the game.

This timer still somewhat exists when a hypercarry exists in the game as it currently is, but by allowing the other team to make a strategic decision to focus on that person early, they can put it off as long as possible. On the other hand, if the person playing the hypercarry has the skills to farm effectively in ARAM, why should they not be rewarded?

I could continue to reiterate everything I've said in this thread, but I'm done. You don't like farming. I get that. But your fear of what the game is 'sure' to become because of the existence of minions is simply irrational. I've explained why it's irrational. I've explained why it's a valid part of the game in ARAM. I've explained how it's different than laning on SR.

At least I can rest assured that Riot will never make this change. Within the parameters of a given game mode, it's never a good design decision to minimize the importance of skill and strategy.