Items for Amumu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rooster DWSF

01-13-2013

I have been playing with Amumu lately and I am getting pretty good with him. I just want to know. Are they any items other than the recommended list I should get? I get the boots and what not but I am looking for MUST HAVE items that are not shown on the list. An item that gives an extra boost of health or armor or damage. Any suggestions will be helpful. Or just tell me what you use when you play with him so I have an idea on what extra items I should get. Usually by level 18 I have 5 recommended items. I am still working on last hitting to get money for the full 6 item spots filled.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-13-2013

Well, Amumu is used almost exclusively as a jungler, so last hitting isn't really the skill that you'd need to work on. When I play as him, I usually buy Sunfire Cape and Abyssal Scepter. These make you tanky enough to stand right in the middle of a team, which is good because that's where you need to be to get a lot of damage from your W, E, and R.

Delete Teemo

01-13-2013

rylais is a must have. it lets you trap someone in your puddle of loving tears and never let them out. It also gives plenty of ap and a great amount of hp. Besides that, abyssal and sunfire are nice, as are mercury treads. Besides those, deathcap is great for an ap mumu, or randuins/warmogs for the unkillable tank mumu

Rooster DWSF

01-13-2013

Cool thanks you two I will keep those in mind and try them out and keep experimenting to make him even more powerful.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Huh. I've never managed to build a Rylais on him, although I suppose it's a solid item for a more AP focused build.

My build generally includes Ancient Golem, Ninja Tabi, Sunfire, and Frozen Heart. I like Spirit Visage if I need magic resist, or Abyssal Sceptre if I'm going for more AP, or if I have multiple AP carries on my team. Warmog's is a very solid item in S3, giving lots of regeneration based on max health. Randuin's is also excellent for armor and health. Liandry's and Rylais might also feature in a more AP focused build.

Rooster DWSF

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Huh. I've never managed to build a Rylais on him, although I suppose it's a solid item for a more AP focused build.

My build generally includes Ancient Golem, Ninja Tabi, Sunfire, and Frozen Heart. I like Spirit Visage if I need magic resist, or Abyssal Sceptre if I'm going for more AP, or if I have multiple AP carries on my team. Warmog's is a very solid item in S3, giving lots of regeneration based on max health. Randuin's is also excellent for armor and health. Liandry's and Rylais might also feature in a more AP focused build.
That's some good stuff to know I will keep that in mind when I am experimenting next time I play. Thanks for the information.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-14-2013

sunfire cape, abyssal sceptor.

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

First off I love Amumu. He is such a strong champion. I have about 40 ranked games played with him with a 76% win chance, and I play him either ap/tank or just straight tank in the jungle. I dont usually use just one build but I will give you my favorite builds for both styles of play.

AP:
Sorcerer's Shoes
Liandry's Torment
Shurelya's Reverie
Spirit of the Spectral Wraith
Abyssal Scepter
Sunfire Cape

Tank:
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Runic Bulwark
Mercury's Treads
Shurelya's Reverie
Abyssal Scepter
Warmog's Armor

P.S. if you have any questions feel free to add me in game.

Thanks,
TrueSkillz