New jungle items are not viable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mwarme

01-14-2013

swifties aren't not-viable. my roommate is a plat and he just did janna mid in a ranked game and had swifties (upgraded with the +15 path) and move quints and ms masteries. Obviously that's a fringe case, but he outran an AP yi with boots 1 who ulted.

edit: tbh that's janna. not fair to compair the viability of swifties on her to swifties on any normal champion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarme View Post
swifties aren't not-viable. my roommate is a plat and he just did janna mid in a ranked game and had swifties (upgraded with the +15 path) and move quints and ms masteries. Obviously that's a fringe case, but he outran an AP yi with boots 1 who ulted.

edit: tbh that's janna. not fair to compair the viability of swifties on her to swifties on any normal champion.
Let me throw math at you.

Let's compare swifts and Zerkers.

First, Zerker boots give 20% AS and 45 MS. 1% AS = about 31 gold (Recurve bow). So you're paying 620 gold of the 900 gold cost, leaving you 280 gold for the MS. This puts a point of movement speed at about 8 gold/point.

So knowing that, let's cut to swifts. They give 60 MS and 25% reduced slow effects. So you're paying 480 gold for the movement speed, and 520 gold for the passive.

Let's compare this to Mercury's Treads. You get 45 MS, 25 MR, and 35% Tenacity. 1 MR = 18 gold (Negatron cloak). So you're paying 450 gold for the MR, 360 gold for the movement speed, and leaving 390 gold for that 35% Tenacity.

You can get 60% of the passive on swifts for free from the defensive mastery tree. You can get 42% of the passive on Mercs from the defensive mastery tree.

So which is better? You're wasting far less gold on zerks or mercs (and tabi is far more cost effective as well).