Let us discuss a way to eliminate pre-game trolling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

01-13-2013

Popular thread by Seraphim: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3027684
Interesting infographic with a suggestion: http://imgur.com/gallery/DhovsP3
INTRO
We all beg riot to do something about those people who do things like "I mid or I feed". Its one of the worst feelings to have someone breaking all the rules, being a jerk and selfish in champion select, especially in ranked.

I think there is a solution out there, but we have to find it. Lets help out riot on this one. Iron Stylus, I know you lurk, so if you see this perhaps point the right people toward this thread or the idea behind it at least.
----------------------------------
THE ISSUE
Tribunal has been laying down the ban hammer for a while now, and I am very pleased to see it working as I use it and see how many jerks I can remove from the game. However there has always been one flaw I could not over look. Pre-game.

In pre game you can do whatever you want and get away with it. One person can hold 4 others hostage. In ranked this means some people are forced to dodge and wait 30 minutes while the troll gets to requeue and ruin more pre-games, causing more dodging, but eventually getting into the game and causing strife as well. But once finally in game there is no proof that they ruined one or two or dozens of pre-game lobbies.
----------------------------------
SOLUTIONS
Post your ideas, but I'll talk about a few and my own opinions on them.

The biggest outcry has been to allow for kicking people pre-game. This seems perfectly fine, but I'm not sold. With this 4 people can hold one person hostage. No one wants to play support? We will kick last pick if they don't. This won't happen as much with ranked due to 1 or 2 person groups allowed in, however it still poses and issue. Along those lines if the team wants to dodge, they can just pick unlucky person among them and choose to kick them to force a queue dodge. Again this is a very huge issue for ranked.

The next idea has been including pre-game chat into tribunal. This is a better idea. However I think we could expand it. What is the issue here? Well if someone ruins 10 pre games, then they get into the 11th game and get reported, we don't know what strife they have caused before. We would need some way to report pre-game chat or somehow alert the riot team to take action against these people or somehow filter out their numbers from causing trouble. I personally think this would be a bit extreme for anywhere but ranked.

So guys what do you think?

Zoram

01-14-2013

bump

Phenomenomnomnom

01-14-2013

Invent a machine that stabs people in the face through the internet.

Retto112

01-14-2013

I agree. A system needs to be implemented that can punish these trolls...but most of the ideas that everyone thinks of could easily be exploited, like you said. But there has to be something that can be done...there has to be.

iToonLink

01-14-2013

riot has access to pre-game chats as has been stated by reds many times before so if something comes up they are already able to deal with it so yeah no point making a big fuss about it

Zoram

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iToonLink View Post
riot has access to pre-game chats as has been stated by reds many times before so if something comes up they are already able to deal with it so yeah no point making a big fuss about it
Well yes, there is always a point in making a fuss. Without speaking up about legitimate issues nothing will change. That is how life works. Nothing changes unless you make enough ruckus so that people notice.

However I did NOT know that riot already has access to pre game chats. This is good to hear. However for the sake of tribunal it is not, and even more there has to be a way to see this and get the issues logged on people being toxic in pre-chat even if people dodge. Because, you see, even if riot can see a pre-game chat, can they see the pre-game chat for a game that never happened? Tribunal can't see anything, and no one is able to report someone who is toxic pre-game if they dodge.

These are the issues we are looking at. How many times have you endured people dodging over and over because of these issues? Its on the few things left that riot has not yet tackled head on in terms of player behavior.

Zoram

01-15-2013

I'm still going to bump this, people keep making threads complaining about pregame trolls coming out on top. Lets actually discuss it!

Fox McCloud 1991

01-15-2013

What about an "end of game" screen whenever someone dodges? This way, if someone were to troll and then someone dodge, it can be easily reported without going into game with the option of the game still being played and reported afterwards as well.

TheProDH

01-15-2013

Pre game trolls make me not want to play this game. I don't like to play ranked in fear of someone trolling. It seems if someone does something that the pros don't do then its time to troll. "Oh you started dorans instead of boots well im just going to take cs, or "You picked a tier 3 champ gg just gonna roam." It's frustrating and I wish something would get done.

Zoram

01-16-2013

Well I'm glad some people are actually taking interest in this thank you.

A post dodge screen could do it. Maybe that idea could be tweaked to not a screen, but just a pop up where you can quickly left click people who were in your pre-game lobby, and then click confim button to mark them as trouble makers. Likewise to tribunal, those found making false flagings could be in trouble themselves and lessen the importance of them flagging.

This might work.