Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Those smurfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueSkillz

Recruiter

01-14-2013

I agree with TehomCD.

I hate people that constantly smurf. I just created a new account and have been running per win / per day xp boost to get 4x XP to reduce my impact on newer players.

The reason i create a new account is so i have a back up account just in case i need to dodge a ranked game on my main i can switch over and play.

Smurfs make the game bad for the new players since most of them are people that are not very good in the first place so they will talk trash to the new players and alot of people will just stop playing since it is the smurf that are scaring people off. We need new players to keep league of legends going.

Also a note to people bringing new people into the game. please teach them how to play before bringing a new friends into a lvl 15 game because you are on your lvl 30.

I was playing a 3v3 game at lvl 15 and had a new guy on our team. which was all good he was making bad mistakes but its ok he is new, but I got upset when the player teaching him was teaching him wrong. the new player did not even know how to use the shop or how to buy rec items. I nicely asked him to teach his friend in a custom or bot game and he started to flame me. That is whats wrong with the league community. His friend had him sell all his items 3 times throughout 1 game.

Sorry For The Rant

Thanks,
TrueSkillz

One More Fight

01-14-2013

this is getting ugly...I buy a new champ and try him out... and teemo smurf on enemy team don't let me play at all. I tell them I am new and they still leave me in a signle lane against teemo and chogath
My teammates constantly blamed me for being bad. This Diana soo bad...this diana soo bad...damn you moron's their teemo won't let me play.
I seriously hate those morons who smurf and think everyone else is good. I am having hard time playing with these ********s*

whoever thinks smurfs help you improve the game...well, no they are not helping me even learn. They just don't let me play.
I wanted to report them sooo badly but the fking game had to hang on me.

Is there a way to look at the last game players and report?

Sereg Anfaug

01-14-2013

You're not learning because you're not willing to learn.

If you're playing a 1v2 lane, you need to adopt a very different playstyle then you'd use for a 1v1 or 2v2 lane. Clearly, you are not doing that, so it's no wonder you're getting wrecked.

Adapt your playstyle to what's happening in the game. You may need to stay close to your tower until one of them backs or you get a gank(since presumably you're in a 1v2 lane because you have a jungler).

In any case, the issue here isn't smurfing, it's a sub-30 2v1 lane, which is alot harder then a 30+ 2v1 for various reasons.

Still, if you're actually willing to learn, you can survive it, or at least start to understand why you didn't. If you blame imaginary smurfs for every game you do poorly in(or if you blame your teammates, or your connection, or your opponent's "OP" champ, or really any other BS excuse you care to use), then you're never going to get better.

One More Fight

01-14-2013

I wish.. I could show you the game.