Those smurfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

One More Fight

01-13-2013

how does the system deal with the smurfs? they are ruining my games.
They just keep poping up in every game!

Yessarian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

After they get a relatively small number of games they will be playing against higher skill players (eg at level 5 they play vs 10)

Jason411

01-13-2013

Smurfs help you improve. You don't improve by playing people that are worse than you. You get good scores that way but it's misleading.

DefNotBlitz

Recruiter

01-13-2013

I like playing with smurfs. They are good competition and if you are nice to them they will help you improve.

One More Fight

01-13-2013

playing with and playing against makes a difference...they just gank and keep you dead all the time. You will be at lvl 7 and they will be at lvl 11. Thats some learning!

Jason411

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by One More Fight View Post
playing with and playing against makes a difference...they just gank and keep you dead all the time. You will be at lvl 7 and they will be at lvl 11. Thats some learning!
Well you don't learn how to stop ganks by not being ganked.

And if you don't have map vision with wards(or teammates that call out when enemy champs are MIA in their lanes) then ANYONE of ANY level can gank you and keep you dead all the time.

Delete Teemo

01-13-2013

smurfs stop becoming a problem the higher your level becomes. By lvl 20 or so, they become quite rare.

EzraTwitch

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phizzwiggle3 View Post
smurfs stop becoming a problem the higher your level becomes. By lvl 20 or so, they become quite rare.
Its not that they become rare, its that generally smurfs are people who are terrible at this game, and cant win at normal levels at competition, if your level 20 your probably better than most of the smurfs you remember crushing you at level 5. There still there you just can't recognize them a easily because you improved and they haven't.

Rooster DWSF

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by One More Fight View Post
how does the system deal with the smurfs? they are ruining my games.
They just keep poping up in every game!
I wouldn't say it's ruining the games. More like helping you get better. I mean sure the idea of a smurt is kinda mixed between people. I on the other hand question why? Why create another account why start over? Why go through the endless hours of getting to 30 again? I will never be creating a smurf no matter how good or bad I may be when I reach 30. I just never saw the point I have everything why go do it again? I mean whatever I don't hate smurfs and I don't love smurfs I am really just indifferent and it doesn't matter to me whatever.

As far as them being in your games eh it can be a fun experience either way. I also ask how do you know they are a smurf? They could just be really good. I am getting better at this game, but then again I have a natural talent for playing all sorts of video games.
Being a video game developer I have seen and played wide varieties of systems and games and have become quite a good gamer even though I never try for pro teams or to try and go pro. Just the point is maybe that person has a natural talent for video games. We are out there you know?

TehomCD

01-14-2013

I generally recommend that new players play custom games and beginner co-op for at least a few levels to make the transition into pvp less traumatic and to also reduce the prevalence of level 1 smurfs.