A call to arms

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyanideSurprise

01-13-2013

Riot,

How do you let people like this continue to play league? Some immature and miserly winner chose to verbally abuse my team all game because he was with his premade 3v3 friends. He repeatedly called us names and talked down to us, but wants to be reported since its "not his file". Currently, I am unsatisfied with the "Tribunal process" as it merely shuts down one account. They can create more, as seen here. If you want to truly shut down toxic characters, as you so claim to be after, ban IP addresses. if they cannot connect to servers because their connection was banned, I feel as if it would be a more effective punishment since they cannot harrass summoners under a new alias. I know I am not the only one who feels this way because looking through forums every now and then, I pop up on multiple people who ask this same question. The ball is in your court Riot.

Sincerely,

A disappointed summoner.

TacomaTerror

01-13-2013

And they don't even listen to you when you make a complaint or grievance, they copy paste nonsense about the summoner code and then close your support request so you need to make a new one and wait an additional three days.

SchierkeWiking

01-13-2013

IP bans do nothing, everyone has a variable IP nowadays.

Getsuei

01-13-2013

IP addresses are easily proxied also.

Rixatrix

01-13-2013

This isn't a problem for Riot.

If you ban trolls' accounts, presumably they learn a lesson each time it happens and maybe eventually reform.

If they don't, Riot may be fine with the situation as-is because players who get their accounts banned will double-triple-quadruple-etc dip, shelling out for RP. In fact, it's better for them to permaban accounts because it will bring in more money spent on new accounts.

There is no impetus to change the system.

embalmdk

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideSurprise View Post
Riot,

How do you let people like this continue to play league? Some immature and miserly winner chose to verbally abuse my team all game because he was with his premade 3v3 friends. He repeatedly called us names and talked down to us, but wants to be reported since its "not his file". Currently, I am unsatisfied with the "Tribunal process" as it merely shuts down one account. They can create more, as seen here. If you want to truly shut down toxic characters, as you so claim to be after, ban IP addresses. if they cannot connect to servers because their connection was banned, I feel as if it would be a more effective punishment since they cannot harrass summoners under a new alias. I know I am not the only one who feels this way because looking through forums every now and then, I pop up on multiple people who ask this same question. The ball is in your court Riot.

Sincerely,

A disappointed summoner.

Unfortunately you don't know how the IP addressing works or how major account locations work. If you ban an IP you could be bringing down a university or college which uses 10 space addressing and natting to provide connectivity to students. You may not like this but bringing down a 100 students to get one toxic player permanently cannot be justified.

Also with the internet you can get 2 or more people playing from the same household, one nice, one toxic. Again won't work. For the kicker, the player could be going to a free location and randomly playing - again won't work.

These are just examples as to why you cannot ban by IP address.