Does Frozen Mallet stack with Frost Shot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

01-14-2013

I don't think Phail Raptor is correct.

I'm pretty sure all ability slows always take effect and multiply multiplicatively (which means they are techinically less effective if used at once). I'm almost sure this is true. I've played against teams with multiple, long slows and you just crawl as they stack them up on you. I've actually seen this recently with a Nunu Ashe lane come to think of it.

Item slows are a bit tricker. Debuffs are all in one category. So anything that applies a slow debuff, only the strongest takes effect.

But IBG are a different animal. It applies a graphic on the ground, not a debuff to a character.

So I'd bet that its on an entirely different layer than other slows and would stack with debuff and ability slows. Can't confirm it though.

DarkenDragon

01-14-2013

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Movement_speed a little research is so easy to do

only 2 things stack, item passive slows, and champion ability slows. only 1 of each can be active at any given time, but you can apply other slows such that they will be there and they will have their duration, but they wont have any effect until the strongest slow of it's class disappears. at that point the next strongest slow will take over for the rest of it's duration

now the question becomes is it even worth it to stack item and ability slow? so lets take ashe and frozen mallet for example, if you applied both, you'll get 35% slow from ashe's frost shot and whatever is left over will be slowed again by frozen mallet for 30%

so the total slow effect is 55.5%, meaning frozen mallet gave you an additional 19.5% slow. now the question begs, do you really need that additional 19.5% slow? will that make a difference? if your movement speed is greater than your opponents with 35%, and thus allowing you to shoot him every time your attack is ready, what does the extra 19.5% slow really do for you?

H0p0nP0p

01-14-2013

ashe slow and mallet
stacks

sej passive + mallet
stacks

ruin king slow + mallet slow
does not stack

olaf with mallet + sej with mallet
does not stack
-but sej will be the main slow as she does the most slow with her passive auto, until olaf tosses.

try 5 man ruin king an enemy for once and let me know if they slow down SUPER SUPER slow.

DarkenDragon

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p0nP0p View Post
ruin king slow + mallet slow
does not stack
According to the rules, this should stack. because ruin king's active is considered a champion ability cast. instead of an item passive.

you can only ever have 1 champion ability cast slow and 1 item passive active at any given time

Peligrad

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenDragon View Post
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Movement_speed a little research is so easy to do

only 2 things stack, item passive slows, and champion ability slows. only 1 of each can be active at any given time,
This site makes NO NOTE OF CHAMPION ABILITY SLOWS NOT STACKING.

Here is the section on slow stacking:

Slow stacking

Slowing effects follow particular rules when stacking:
  • If a champion is affected by multiple slows, the strongest one will be fully applied, while the others are applied sequentially with 65% reduced effectiveness down to 35% of its original strength.
  • Slow effects derived from items' passives do NOT stack, even when coming from different champions. Only the strongest item slow is applied at any moment. The exception to this is the active effect of RO, Gunblade, Cutlass, which stacks with other slowing items normally because they are considered champion abilities for slow stacking purposes.
  • Attacking a champion with the lizard elder buff when the target is already affected by that slow will reapply the debuff, resetting its duration. It will NOT increase the slow amount. The same holds true for the exhaust summoner skill.
It says you can't have 2 items slows. It says no double red debuff and no double exhaust. It says nothing about having 2 different ability slows at the same time.

I'm still not convinced that IBG isn't a completely different mechanic than all other item slows because it doesn't apply a debuff to the target. It simply creates a field on the battlefield.

DarkenDragon

01-15-2013

your reading comprehension needs some work, you even posted the part where it says you can have 2 different slows that stack

Slow effects derived from items' passives do NOT stack, even when coming from different champions. Only the strongest item slow is applied at any moment. The exception to this is the active effect of RO, Gunblade, Cutlass, which stacks with other slowing items normally because they are considered champion abilities for slow stacking purposes.

this states that item passives do not stack, but it does stack with champion ability slows. which these active abilities are considered as. thus they do stack with the mallet's slow.

also coding wise any item that is not an active to slow is considered a item passive slow for stacking purposes, while anything that comes from a champion's kit or is an active ability that causes a slow is a champion ability slow.

thus iceborn gauntlet would be an item passive slow since you do not activate the item