Ranked games the downfall of LOL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tony4Live

01-13-2013

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of giving it your best in ranked games only to end up losing because of troll players on your team.

This game's quality of players has gone down the hell hole. It is just a game and you should have fun playing it but at the same time if you want to have just a fun time then play normals.

Why start playing ranked games and make people suffer for your lack of interest in competition? Why do we lose more elo with a loss than gain with a win? Does Riot want us to stay in certain elos forever and fight for our lives and waste countless unhealthy hours a day trying to get out elo hell ( whichever lvl of elo hell you're in ) knowing you'll just end up in the same spot you started at?

This game is starting to become like World of Warcraft if you know what I mean, same old tiring things with the bandwagon crowds joining in.

Can we please fix the ranked equation and system please? Can we please give at least the same amount of elo with wins/losses? Can we have some sort of protection rule where you have to at least have 500 normal wins in order to play ranked. Give ranked games a meaning, a purpose, a sense of achievement, not something that any schmuck can join and ruin 4 other peoples lives. Can we set up a system that when you start a new season you start actually fresh? Not at the same elo hell level you were in before? Do you know how annoying it was seeing me being 14-6 and not even breaking 1200 and have a friend be 10-8 and being almost 1600 elo, does that make sense to anyone? I feel injustice is being done to good players and Riot doesn't give a sh*t.

Just rambling...

mendeleyev

01-13-2013

I feel ya. I am a decent player, and I am just starting ranked. I have been playing for about 6 months now and I know my role and how to fill it. I always win my lane or do my job right, but I am getting trolled by trolls or just dealing with unskilled players.

Just today, I had 2 TROLLS on my team. Two of them! They both invaded and got killed, then fed bottom lane. Not just a little. one went 1/21 and the other went 3/19 by the end of the game. I mean, why ruin ranked games for people? Ruin normals. It is like people don't care about their level 30 account, they just spend a month or so getting level 30, then get banned. That is a lot of time wasted just to ruin some games for some people.

My next game, it was like playing with level 15s or something. They were just getting stomped.

I have spent literally months playing normals just perfecting my own gameplay before entering ranked games. I guess I was expecting too much to expect the same.

Now I am retraining myself to jungle, because no one is ever worth a damn at jungling. At least, never on my teams. I think Riot has singled me out to be on as many troll teams or partner me with as many unskilled players as possible. Very sick of it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-13-2013

Awarding a set amount of points for a win and the same identical set amount of points for a loss would actually make the system less accurate.

aBlondMoment

01-13-2013

Maybe focus on a kda ratio for rankings

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-13-2013

This isn't Call of Duty and there is no Team Deathmatch game mode.