How to Get out of ELO Hell? My Effective Work in Progress from 600 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hous26

01-13-2013

Hi guys, I wanted to give some advice about ELO Hell that i just picked up. I don't know for sure whether elo hell exist, but I do feel that the range of player skill levels is massive at lower elos. Some times you will get a great jungler, other times they totally suck.

I started this preseason winning 6 of my first 7 games, but took a beating due to afks and trolls in the 50 elo games (dropped from 1025 to 600). I ended up at 650 elo where I fluctuated 50 elo up and down for a the first 2 months (600-700 elo).

I found a slow but sure way to improve your elo, and its not by filling. Rather, I find its best to play burst champions in either mid or jungle.

Why not fill and let people pick the positions they are most comfortable with? Because noone wants to support and if you are a good jungler you are just wasting your time. People will pick mid, top, adc, or jungle before they pick support even if they are bad at those positions.

Good thing about calling jungle right now is that the majority of the times people will not contest it because most put it just above support.

Why burst champions? Well, thats because people at this elo will be slower to focus you until you are fed, and it gives you the opportunity to pick their carries off easier in team fights. You're basically playing off the other teams inexperience. I'm sure it wouldnt be as effective in much higher elos because they would ward more and focus you down.

In the past couple weeks, I gone from 600 to slightly above 900 elo, 9 to 14 elo at a time. I don't think I've just suddenly become a better player, and I dont think burst champions are my best junglers or mids. However, I think its easier to feed your lanes with more burst.

Right now Akali and Eve are perfect to mid. Eve is also a great jungler, though shes a little slow early.

Hous26

01-13-2013

For instance, last game I was mid against a Leblanc. She put a lot of pressure on me and my top, bot, and jungle were feeding. I was 0-0-0, but the team score was 1-12 very early (pre-level 6). I immediately started to gank top and bot and pick off the squishies and escaped while the adc and top killed the jungle or support which were weaker than them. We ended up winning because I burst their carries down. If I were a tankier mid like morde or a bruiser I would have had a harder time to pick them off because they would have escaped and support would have arrived sooner.

Brohammad

01-13-2013

Dear Diary...

Purple Mischief

01-13-2013

I actually totally agree. I dropped quite far and playing nukers in mid (Fizz, Ahri, Annie, Eve) has made my elo rocket

Hous26

01-13-2013

I brought my elo up to 930 now. I think thats a pretty big increase from 600 just a week ago.

Auspexa

01-13-2013

ELO hell is 1700-1900

Hous26

02-17-2013

Currently sitting at 1k elo even. Started in Bronze V, now Im 1 win away from my promotion series to enter Bronze II. Ive been maining Xin Zhao jungle.

Hous26

03-18-2013

Finally got promoted to Silver V. It was rough, brutal winning +1 or +2 lp at a time toward the end of Bronze I, but I made it. Last game I did awful in though, and honestly the only reason we won is because their adc quit after we pulled a fast one and snagged baron under their noses. We were down a lot because our bot (and I) fed. Not a fair game at all, but it benefitted me tremendously as I was 2-2 in series and was heading toward a defeat.

Estimated ELO is 1150, not bad considering I came from 600 elo in preseason and brought it up +9-14 elo at a time.

Hous26

04-07-2013

Regrettable, I have taken quit the stumble and have been losing significanylu more than I have been winning since I got to Silver. I know why, its because I have been maining adc. ADC was by far my worst position and I still wouldnt call myself good at it. However I have improved a lot, but I still have more difficulty in turning a losing game to a winning one. I noticed adc seems to be much more team dependent than other roles. I think its because the adc is focused down immediately if they are even slightly fed and if the team doesn't peel then you die. When I win as adc I feel its more because of my teammates than myself, even if I carried.

Right now, I estimate that Im qued with Bronze 4 players. I will continue to work on my adc every opportunity I can as I feel like im slowly improving. I know that if I need to start winning more than I lose, I can always go back to jungling.