What top lane heroes counter Pantheon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jryiah

01-13-2013

Just got wrecked by a panth with Garen. I guess panth counters garen pretty hard, but what beats panth?

Also, if you could, list some counters for the heroes that counter panth too.

DemonicUtensil

01-13-2013

Quote:
Just got wrecked by a panth with Garen. I guess panth counters garen pretty hard, but what beats panth?
Just because a champion beat you in a lane does not mean that the champion counters you.

MadeByEdam

01-13-2013

pantheon counter:

HARD counter (good champ against pant)
Rammus
Cho gath
Yorick
Olaf
Malphite
Renekton
Jarvan
Alistar

*OKAY* Counter (viable champ against pant)
Fiora
Akali
Darius
Fizz
Jayce
Kha'Zix
Mordekaiser
Vlad

BAD counter (dont take their champ exept if u very good)
Gangplank
Teemo
Wukong
Vi
Garen
Kayle
Jax
Rengar

Frandaero

01-13-2013

Playing Pantheon most of the time I can say there isnt so many champs that can disturb Pantheon at the Top Lane, maybe Xin or Garen (Health regen, and Pantheon can't harass forever because of his poor mana pool).

I found myself really pissed off versus Olaf and Ashe having a useless Teemo as support

iDpark

01-14-2013

Chain vest, Armor rune page.

JokesNJokesNJoke

01-14-2013

Garen is actually a pretty solid choice to lane against panthers. Start Q, max E. Blow his shield on AA before you hit Q.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Lol, yes taking Rammus top lane is an excellent plan. /derp

Anyone with a shield kind of poops on him like Shen, Riven, etc. Panth doesnt have tons of mana, BUT his Spear spam is very cheap to cast. So he can put out a decent amount of bombardment, as long as he doesnt waste mana using Leap/Pokey which does **** damage and costs a lot.

Calibretto9

01-14-2013

While I give Panth the advantage in a Panth vs. Garen matchup, I also don't see this is as a hard counter matchup. Garen's lack of mana and his health regen passive means with a little armor or a Doran's shield Pantheon is going to have some trouble. I'd personally start this fight as Garen with cloth + 5 health pots. As stated above auto attack his passive shield down and then Q + E and you'll do some serious damage to him. He's going to consistently poke with his spear throw, but don't let him get you too low as his jump stun + heartseeker strike hurts - use Garen's W to reduce the damage.

After you hit 6 his ultimate is much less powerful in a 1v1 than Garen's. To be honest this is a very winnable lane for Garen.

powwder

01-14-2013

i actually like teemo against panth. i go ap teemo so he blocks the aa but the poison dot damage still works, plus he gets hit with a blinding dart after and thats where my real damage comes in.

its more psychological than anything else, but when a panth sees his precious aegis that owns most top lanes do nothing, and he knows hes surrounded by shrooms they stop trying to trade for some reason.