What am I getting banned for?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

story of a noob

01-13-2013

The Tribunal system is so sick now. Take a look at this and tell me why am I banned for 2 weeks for this.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6128835/

TehomCD

01-13-2013

It looks like you gave up on your team in game 1 due to having someone who quit out. People reading that might have decided that you were trolling, but you were pretty negative regardless. Going duo mid in the Twisted Fate game and arguing about you or Yi being there was also creating a negative experience for your team. Third game you were again negative, calling gg early, calling your malphite 'retarded', etc. Fourth game you were abusive to the cho'gath.

Remember that to go to the Tribunal, you're reported for a lot more games than just the ones that show up your case, which is a collection of recent games. Based on the games, I'd conclude that you're fairly argumentative and negative, can be abusive when games are going badly, although not nearly as toxic as many people who show up in the Tribunal. You should probably consider just not chatting ever again in games besides saying 'mia' or timers.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-13-2013

At least one of your games gives the implication of trolling. Assuming you weren't though, there wasn't any standout behavior, a la 'you said X, that's insta ban.' However, the general negativity and confrontational attitude... yeah, that's not going to fly here.

Rooster DWSF

01-13-2013

Well the 4 games I read on seemed generally quite negative. Try to be more positive even when losing. Take part 6 of the summoners code: Show humility in victory, and grace in defeat. If you are losing please don't complain to the team and blame other people. If you point a finger you have four fingers pointing right back at you. This is a team effort you win and lose as a team. If you aren't doing to well try changing up your strategy. Because generally your first strategy will never be the winning strategy you have to think of new things on the fly and keep your head on a swivel. If someone keeps getting killed in a lane switch spots or if you see they need help move up to that lane and help them. Point of the matter is even if someone starts something. You have the power to end it right there by "Killing them with kindness" just be super nice to them. Continue with the team work and if they do start something you can ignore it, mute them in chat, and if matters get out of hand report them.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

01-14-2013

first of all: i think riot should promote usage of the ignore feature to deal with toxic players, but riot doesn't do that. they promote the message of people getting banned for using it, and liikely to get banned for not using it due to reading the comments of toxic players and not keeping their calm.

case 1: asking people to report x player is bannable. it is a form of bullying, that has sweeped this game, and riot punishes people for this. 1 report(your report) is enough, asking others to report both scews the amount of reports results and may or may not be asking others to false report. what is the purpose of 5 reports over 1 if they only did it cause someone asked? there is none. what matters is what they guy did wrong. 1 report is enough to get the case seen.

case 2: you called him a noob, reetard, moron, trash. you were taunting him and mean all game, like if he'd die you'd make fun of him, and in fights tell a yi who needs kills that he is trying to ks, and making fun of him. it's a game people get unlucky there is no need to verbally assault people, bully, and have a negative attitude, and call them bad. no need for it. should be punished.

case 3: is alot like case 2 but with less chat over all, due to the guy smart enough to not fight back with you.

case 4: i am sure you are suppost to speak english, which you didn't majority of the game. plus you were having a confrontational attitude. was your partner breaking the code? yeah. but you could of handled it better than you did.

OriginalJack

01-14-2013

This isn't the worst case i've ever seen but there's a general pattern of giving up to early and having a really negative attitude. That's kind of stuff only hurts your chances of winning it never helps so why do it? Basically if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. Also if this a 2 week ban then it's not your first one, haven't you learned anything from the pervious bans?